PDA

View Full Version : Thunderbird6 ejection photo

Tony
February 26th 04, 03:04 AM
This is certainly "aviation" and "military" - but I'm not so sure about the
"rec" part.

Came across this on another newsgroup and thought some might like to see
this excellent photo of the USAF Thunderbird #6. The photo of the ejection
was taken from the control tower at Mountain Home AFB, ID (wint a 300 mm
lens) less than one second before impact.

http://www.avweb.com/newspics/DavisTbirdEject.jpg

Full story (and awesome video) here:

http://www.avweb.com/newswire/10_06a/briefs/186633-1.html

http://www.avweb.com/newswire/10_05a/briefs/186582-1.html

Tony

D. Strang
February 26th 04, 03:06 AM
You should have been here a couple of weeks ago when it was new news
(after being stolen from the photographer by the accident board).

old news Tony...

"Tony" > wrote
> This is certainly "aviation" and "military" - but I'm not so sure about the
> "rec" part.
>
> Came across this on another newsgroup and thought some might like to see
> this excellent photo of the USAF Thunderbird #6. The photo of the ejection
> was taken from the control tower at Mountain Home AFB, ID (wint a 300 mm
> lens) less than one second before impact.

Tony
February 26th 04, 03:20 AM
"D. Strang" > wrote in message
> You should have been here a couple of weeks ago when it was new news
> (after being stolen from the photographer by the accident board).
>
> old news Tony...
>

> "Tony" > wrote
> > This is certainly "aviation" and "military" - but I'm not so sure about
the
> > "rec" part.
> >
> > Came across this on another newsgroup and thought some might like to see
> > this excellent photo of the USAF Thunderbird #6. The photo of the
ejection
> > was taken from the control tower at Mountain Home AFB, ID (wint a 300 mm
> > lens) less than one second before impact.

Sorry - it was new to me. I must have missed it first time around.

t_mark
February 26th 04, 12:46 PM
No worries, I missed it the first time around and appreciate getting to see
it thanks to you.

Google