PDA

View Full Version : IAF pilots revolt, refuse to fly MiG-21

Deep Avali
February 27th 04, 12:24 PM
http://www.hipakistan.com/en/detail.php?newsId=en55448&F_catID=&f_type=source

Introduced in 1963? Well, not as old as the B-52 or other U.S.
models, but you'd think the IAF would have some newer planes by now.

"The MiG-21 is not known for its radar or hauling capabilities, nor
for its target acquisition equipment or range, but its known that in
many ways it was a pilot's plane. It doesn't have any computers or
fancy navigation equipment. It very much depends on the pilot and his
(hopefully) good training and experience."

Refusing to fly a pilot's plane? Morale must be in the gutter if
young officers are declining flight time for any reason.

Also see:
http://www.bharat-rakshak.com/MONITOR/ISSUE5-1/suresh.html

Boomer
February 27th 04, 11:22 PM
it's a flying death trap in Indian hands, they fall from the sky with great
regularity.

"Deep Avali" > wrote in message
om...

http://www.hipakistan.com/en/detail.php?newsId=en55448&F_catID=&f_type=sourc

> Introduced in 1963? Well, not as old as the B-52 or other U.S.
> models, but you'd think the IAF would have some newer planes by now.
>
> "The MiG-21 is not known for its radar or hauling capabilities, nor
> for its target acquisition equipment or range, but its known that in
> many ways it was a pilot's plane. It doesn't have any computers or
> fancy navigation equipment. It very much depends on the pilot and his
> (hopefully) good training and experience."
>
> Refusing to fly a pilot's plane? Morale must be in the gutter if
> young officers are declining flight time for any reason.
>
> Also see:
> http://www.bharat-rakshak.com/MONITOR/ISSUE5-1/suresh.html

Bob McKellar
February 28th 04, 01:35 AM
Deep Avali wrote:

> http://www.hipakistan.com/en/detail.php?newsId=en55448&F_catID=&f_type=source
>
> Introduced in 1963? Well, not as old as the B-52 or other U.S.
> models, but you'd think the IAF would have some newer planes by now.
>
> "The MiG-21 is not known for its radar or hauling capabilities, nor
> for its target acquisition equipment or range, but its known that in
> many ways it was a pilot's plane. It doesn't have any computers or
> fancy navigation equipment. It very much depends on the pilot and his
> (hopefully) good training and experience."
>
> Refusing to fly a pilot's plane? Morale must be in the gutter if
> young officers are declining flight time for any reason.

Maybe the pilots in question needed to go work in an election campaign, and
couldn't afford to waste time flying!

Bob McKellar, ducking and running

Tuollaf43
February 28th 04, 04:50 AM
(Deep Avali) wrote in message >...
> http://www.hipakistan.com/en/detail.php?newsId=en55448&F_catID=&f_type=source

oh yes, a pakistani report on mutiny in the ranks of the IAF. How credible.

> Introduced in 1963? Well, not as old as the B-52 or other U.S.
> models, but you'd think the IAF would have some newer planes by now.

Dear me, are you saying they dont?
I wonder what 'killed' those F-15C's of the UASF in Gwalior recently.

By the way, are you aware that the MiG-21 is still in production?

> "The MiG-21 is not known for its radar or hauling capabilities, nor
> for its target acquisition equipment

Well one would if one kept up with the news.

> or range, but its known that in
> many ways it was a pilot's plane. It doesn't have any computers or
> fancy navigation equipment. It very much depends on the pilot and his
> (hopefully) good training and experience."

Correct.

> Refusing to fly a pilot's plane? Morale must be in the gutter if
> young officers are declining flight time for any reason.
>
> Also see:
> http://www.bharat-rakshak.com/MONITOR/ISSUE5-1/suresh.html

Krztalizer
February 28th 04, 04:51 AM

>Maybe the pilots in question needed to go work in an election campaign, and
>couldn't afford to waste time flying!

LOL no, no... that would never work..

Tuollaf43
February 28th 04, 05:20 AM
"Boomer" > wrote in message >...
> it's a flying death trap in Indian hands, they fall from the sky with great
> regularity.

Cope India 2004 - DACT at Gwalior.
"They performed very well. I think in most cases they were equal to
us, superior in some aspects. So it was a very good learning
experience for both sides. It was a very tough scenario on all days,
the pilot skill levels were also equal a lot of times. It felt like we
were fighting ourselves, when we were fighting the Indian Air Force
guys," said Captain Vogel, USAF, 19 Fighter Squadron.

> "Deep Avali" > wrote in message
> om...
> >
> http://www.hipakistan.com/en/detail.php?newsId=en55448&F_catID=&f_type=sourc
> >
> > Introduced in 1963? Well, not as old as the B-52 or other U.S.
> > models, but you'd think the IAF would have some newer planes by now.
> >
> > "The MiG-21 is not known for its radar or hauling capabilities, nor
> > for its target acquisition equipment or range, but its known that in
> > many ways it was a pilot's plane. It doesn't have any computers or
> > fancy navigation equipment. It very much depends on the pilot and his
> > (hopefully) good training and experience."
> >
> > Refusing to fly a pilot's plane? Morale must be in the gutter if
> > young officers are declining flight time for any reason.
> >
> > Also see:
> > http://www.bharat-rakshak.com/MONITOR/ISSUE5-1/suresh.html

Google