PDA

View Full Version : Re: Living In Fear Abroad - Welcome to Bush & Blair's More Dangerous World

Matt Wiser
March 18th 04, 03:17 PM
I'll go along with Kevin on this. With no use whatsoever for Saddam apologists,
and until the UN gets some backbone and cleans up its own house, I won't
trust the UN to do anything useful in Iraq anytime soon. And thanks to captured
documents, it's being found that the whole oil-for-food program was being
used as a cash cow for Saddam and his cronies; that kickbacks were being
paid to supporters of Saddam in France, Germany, Russia, a certain British
Member of Parliment who was a frequent apologist for Saddam, and so forth.
I'd like to see what Saddam's apologists say about the mass graves that keep
turning up, and who was filling them. So what if the U.S. and its partners
haven't found any "traditional WMD"
in Iraq? Saddam, his ******* sons, his cronies like Chemical Ali, were WMDs.
Goodbye and good riddance to them and their ilk.

"Kevin Brooks" > wrote:

>"Vince Brannigan" > wrote
>in message
.. .

> [...]
>
>A US interest. Good enough, unless you are now
>claiming that the first Gulf
>War was also a terrible mistake?
>

>> and another feint in that direction that
>led to beefing up the US ground
>> > force in Kuwait for a couple of years before
>this last excursion. A
>brutal
>> > dictator who conducted genocidal operations
>against elements of his own
>> > population. A group of nations that think
>appeasement is the best course
>of
>> > action. Gee, it appears that analogy is
>not that far off after all.
>
>What, no outlandish answers to these?
>

>> > Vkince, why do you like Saddam so much?
>>
>> OFCS
>>
>> Do you get a thrill out of that type of personal
>abuse?
>> Does it make you feel "macho" ?
>> I just think its silly
>
>No, it is just that you continually defend him
>and his interests. I note
>above that you seem to think that his overrunning
>Kuwait now was not
>sufficient causus belli?
>

>> Hitler was a slime but he did not attack the
>USA either. We had to lie
>> about the Greer incident to make it appear
>that he did.
>
>Actually, in the end he declared war on the
>US first. Kind of made things a
>bit easier for us in the end. Your history knowledge
>is apparently about as
>flawed as your "expertise" in tilt-wing aircraft
>design and operations.
>

>> Iraq was not a threat to the united states
>unless it had WMDs
>
>Really? So Saddam's continued bellicosity towards
>his neighbors, and the
>fact that a goodly portion of the world's oil
>supplies come from that area,
>did not pose a threat, nor did his support of
>folks like Abu Nidal, Abbu
>Abbas, etc.? Again, odd how you go so far to
>defend Saddam; what is your
>take on his mass graves? Maybe he just was trying
>to economize on burial
>expenses for his beloved followers?
>
>That was
>> the whoel claim for the war.
>
>No, it was not. His continued refusal to comply
>with the terms that had been
>laid down for him at the cessation of hostilities
>the first go-around was
>the root cause, largely manifested in his game-playing
>in the WMD arena, and
>also in the TBM field, where he did indeed violate
>the range cap.
>

>> everythign else you mention is a matter for
>the UN not the US.
>
>That would be the same UN that is now coming
>under increasing fire for
>alleged corruption and mishandling of the pre-war
>"oil for food/medicine"
>program? Or the same UN that, despite repeated
>resolutions and inspections,
>could not get a real handle on the WMD status,
>and only caught onto the TBM
>situation at the very end? The same UN that

Alan Minyard
March 18th 04, 06:41 PM
On Thu, 18 Mar 2004 15:17:26 GMT, "Matt Wiser" > wrote:

>I'll go along with Kevin on this. With no use whatsoever for Saddam apologists,
>and until the UN gets some backbone and cleans up its own house, I won't
>trust the UN to do anything useful in Iraq anytime soon. And thanks to captured
>documents, it's being found that the whole oil-for-food program was being
>used as a cash cow for Saddam and his cronies; that kickbacks were being
>paid to supporters of Saddam in France, Germany, Russia, a certain British
>Member of Parliment who was a frequent apologist for Saddam, and so forth.
>I'd like to see what Saddam's apologists say about the mass graves that keep
>turning up, and who was filling them. So what if the U.S. and its partners
>haven't found any "traditional WMD"
>in Iraq? Saddam, his ******* sons, his cronies like Chemical Ali, were WMDs.
>Goodbye and good riddance to them and their ilk.

Vince will say "there is no proof that Saddam personally ordered the killings, and,
since not all of the bodies were autopsied, they may have been death due to natural
causes. The almighty UN should form a committee to set up a commission to study the
need for a study group to look into this".

Needless to say, I will not agree with him.

Al Minyard

Google