PDA

View Full Version : Rolls Royce spanners - Merlin?

Rik
March 20th 04, 09:50 PM
Hi,
I have several spanners stamped Rolls Royce, each with a part number,
which I believe to be aircraft spanners. They also have the WD broad
arrow mark. Can anybody identify these - could they be Merlin engine
spanners, as I would have said their age is around the 1940's. Sample
part numbers are BL1621, BL2454, BL2452, BL9533, BL2439.
Hope somebody can help.
Thanks.
Rik

M. H. Greaves
March 21st 04, 10:08 AM
"hope the air force dont see this and want 'em back"!! lol
"Rik" > wrote in message
om...
> Hi,
> I have several spanners stamped Rolls Royce, each with a part number,
> which I believe to be aircraft spanners. They also have the WD broad
> arrow mark. Can anybody identify these - could they be Merlin engine
> spanners, as I would have said their age is around the 1940's. Sample
> part numbers are BL1621, BL2454, BL2452, BL9533, BL2439.
> Hope somebody can help.
> Thanks.
> Rik

Google