PDA

View Full Version : Joint Strike Fighter under attack on Capitol Hill

Henry J Cobb
March 27th 04, 05:56 PM
http://www.af.mil/news/story.asp?storyID=123007301
> … because if we cannot build the STOVL aircraft, then we really cannot
> proceed with the F-35 program.

So if the F-35A works, but the F-35B doesn't then the Air Force will buy
no JSFs?

-HJC

Paul F Austin
March 27th 04, 07:03 PM
"Henry J Cobb" > wrote in message
> http://www.af.mil/news/story.asp?storyID=123007301
> > … because if we cannot build the STOVL aircraft, then we really cannot
> > proceed with the F-35 program.
>
> So if the F-35A works, but the F-35B doesn't then the Air Force will buy
> no JSFs?

The Air Force may not be able to afford the F35A if the F35B gets cancelled.

Tarver Engineering
March 27th 04, 08:07 PM
"Paul F Austin" > wrote in message
. ..

> "Henry J Cobb" > wrote in message
> > http://www.af.mil/news/story.asp?storyID=123007301
> > > . because if we cannot build the STOVL aircraft, then we really
cannot
> > > proceed with the F-35 program.
> >
> > So if the F-35A works, but the F-35B doesn't then the Air Force will buy
> > no JSFs?
>
> The Air Force may not be able to afford the F35A if the F35B gets
cancelled.

Besides that, the Navy doesn't want to pay for the B.

Google