PDA

View Full Version : Problem with this NG?

Regnirps
April 28th 04, 06:20 AM
I'm only showing about 6 postings a day though the count says much higher.
Anybody else?

-- Charlie Springer

John Keeney
April 28th 04, 08:45 AM
Lots more than six postings a day.
While it's possible your ISP has its newsfeed messed up
it's also possible you've set an overactive rule or two in
your filters & kill files.
Looks like you're using AOL, sorry, can't help you with
their software.

"Regnirps" > wrote in message
> I'm only showing about 6 postings a day though the count says much higher.
> Anybody else?
>
> -- Charlie Springer

Ed Rasimus
April 28th 04, 11:09 AM
On 28 Apr 2004 05:20:19 GMT, (Regnirps) wrote:

>I'm only showing about 6 postings a day though the count says much higher.
>Anybody else?
>
>-- Charlie Springer

Had that a couple of months ago. For me the problem was a corrupt file
in Eudora. Reinstall of the software cured it.

Ed Rasimus
Fighter Pilot (USAF-Ret)
"When Thunder Rolled"
Smithsonian Institution Press
ISBN #1-58834-103-8

Tarver Engineering
April 28th 04, 05:16 PM
"Regnirps" > wrote in message
> I'm only showing about 6 postings a day though the count says much higher.
> Anybody else?

If you have all thge bull**** filtered that would be about right.

Brian Colwell
April 28th 04, 06:00 PM
"Tarver Engineering" > wrote in message

> "Regnirps" > wrote in message
> > I'm only showing about 6 postings a day though the count says much
higher.
> > Anybody else?
>
> If you have all thge bull**** filtered that would be about right.

Sad, but true :-((

BMC

Kevin Brooks
April 28th 04, 06:47 PM
"Brian Colwell" > wrote in message

> "Tarver Engineering" > wrote in message
> >
> > "Regnirps" > wrote in message
> > > I'm only showing about 6 postings a day though the count says much
> higher.
> > > Anybody else?
> >
> > If you have all thge bull**** filtered that would be about right.
> >
> Sad, but true :-((

Ah, but then the first person the intelligent reader filters is the
Tarvernaut...

Brooks

> BMC

Tarver Engineering
April 28th 04, 06:50 PM
"Kevin Brooks" > wrote in message

> "Brian Colwell" > wrote in message

> > higher.
> > >
> > > If you have all thge bull**** filtered that would be about right.
> > >
> > Sad, but true :-((
>
> Ah, but then the first person the intelligent reader filters is the
> Tarvernaut...

De Nile is not just a river in Egypt, Kevin. Even Shafer has you killfiled
and has posted so publicly.

Yeff
April 28th 04, 06:59 PM
On Wed, 28 Apr 2004 13:47:17 -0400, Kevin Brooks wrote:

> Ah, but then the first person the intelligent reader filters is the
> Tarvernaut...

I learned back during Allied Force that the main way to make this newsgroup
readable is to filter out the crossposts. I've loosened that up to only
allowing three crossposts and that seems to work pretty well.

-Jeff B.
yeff at erols dot com

Tarver Engineering
April 28th 04, 07:03 PM
"Yeff" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 28 Apr 2004 13:47:17 -0400, Kevin Brooks wrote:
>
> > Ah, but then the first person the intelligent reader filters is the
> > Tarvernaut...
>
> I learned back during Allied Force that the main way to make this
newsgroup
> readable is to filter out the crossposts. I've loosened that up to only
> allowing three crossposts and that seems to work pretty well.

In all the years I have read Mary's posts Kevin is the only person I have
ever seen her publicly flame. Why do you respond to the little clueless
prick?

Regnirps
April 29th 04, 08:55 AM
Found it. For some reason, and only for this NG, my reader was set for "don't
show me anything longer than 1,000 characters".

-- Charlie Springer

Marc Reeve
April 29th 04, 03:39 PM
Regnirps > wrote:

> Found it. For some reason, and only for this NG, my reader was set for "don't
> show me anything longer than 1,000 characters".
>
> -- Charlie Springer

Well, that'll certainly reduce the number of posts you see, given the
number of infodumps that appear here.
--
Marc Reeve
actual email address after removal of 4s & spaces is

Google