PDA

View Full Version : IFR flight to Tupelo MS (KTUP) with ATC COMS

March 14th 09, 02:37 PM
Flight last Friday to KTUP. GPS 18 approach with procedure turn
conducted in actual conditions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZLvqE0ypjI

Video best viewed full screen.

Video really shows the need for an IA rating if you want to go
anywhere as you will see my departure weather and destination weather
were poles apart and flight was just over 1 1/4 hour..

Something magical about maneuvering in clouds and instruments just
guide you to the runway!

Sam Spade
March 15th 09, 01:21 AM
wrote:

> Something magical about maneuvering in clouds and instruments just
> guide you to the runway!

Not after about 5 years intoa professional piloting career/

BeechSundowner
March 15th 09, 02:04 AM
On Mar 14, 8:21*pm, Sam Spade > wrote:
> wrote:
>
> > Something magical about maneuvering in clouds and instruments just
> > guide you to the runway!
>
> Not after about 5 years intoa professional piloting career/

All the more reason I don't get into the profession of flying :-)

Day flying ever gets routine or not a privilege is the day I shed my
wings and take up boating, golf or some other **boring** hobby.

Sam Spade
March 15th 09, 05:46 PM

wrote:

>>>Something magical about maneuvering in clouds and instruments just
>>>guide you to the runway!
>>
>>Not after about 5 years intoa professional piloting career/
>

> All the more reason I don't get into the profession of flying :-)
>
> Day flying ever gets routine or not a privilege is the day I shed my
> wings and take up boating, golf or some other **boring** hobby.

OIC.

BeechSundowner
March 16th 09, 12:32 AM
IFR trip from KTUP to KMBO with ATC COMS and music - Video

Return trip from Tupelo MS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaMUaJfFzKo

First 1 1/2 minutes focused on me picking up my clearance from Tupelo
Ground and my departure on runway 18, middle of the video focused on
what's outside of the plane to music and the end has me canceling my
IFR and landing.

Google