PDA

View Full Version : JGG confirmed not to be a member of the RAAF.

Darryl Gibbs
June 15th 04, 12:35 PM
Hi everyone.

As those of you who regularly follow the newsgroups know, Jolly Green Giant
(JGG, or Aerophotos) has claimed to have joined the RAAF as a trainee Life
Support Fitter.

This certainly seemed surprising to me as he had shown himself to be very
politically orientated and certainly very biased against some of our major
allies, however, I thought that we should give the guy a chance and see how
he went and if he modified his attitude.

Unfortunately he did not make himself known to me while his course was in
our section and he continued with rather inappropriate political comments
for a serving defence force member and also showed a very unprofessional
attitude to his job and the defence force in general.

Due to the fact that he appeared not to have changed his views, I decided to
officially inform our hierarchy and the Service Police. No evidence could
be found of him being a serving RAAF member, so details were passed on to
the Federal Police who identified him and payed him a formal visit and gave
him some warnings.

The police found that he is NOT a member of the RAAF. He has previously
applied, but was not accepted.

I have no problems with anyone stating their opinion, however, they should
be truthful, and also show a few manners when in a public forum and very
importantly, they should reflect a professional attitude towards safety,
particularly when the person is claiming to be employed in the aviation
industry.

I do hope that JGG can continue to enjoy this and other groups, however,
let's hope that in the future he sticks to the truth and posts appropriate
and constructive posts.

Hopefully this will serve as a warning to any others who may wish to bend
the truth and bring disrepute to any organisations or slander others via the
newsgroup.

With a bit of luck we can now get back to what we all enjoy, chatting about
aviation.

Bye for now.

--
Darryl Gibbs
HTTP://www.cnapg.org

L'acrobat
June 17th 04, 03:43 AM
"Darryl Gibbs" > wrote in message

> The police found that he is NOT a member of the RAAF. He has previously
> applied, but was not accepted.

Well I'm just stunned, and here I was believing his every post was utterly
factual....

Google