Old January 18th 06, 05:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Double scissor jack for trailer ramp?

As you write: a 30+ year old US made hydraulic...
Had you tryed to find a new one US or European made hydraulic jack what
fits in size to a lifting unit?
If you find one, please, please send me the adress of the manufacturer.
Sorry, but all the hydraulic jacks in this days are made in China (
Also these showing an US or European brand ). As I know , there is no
US or European manufacturer left.
But hydraulic is the only way to lift a motorglider or a open glass
ship with relatively little force.
To avoid leaking, please take a eye to the little sticker on the left
hand ramp rail:
OPEN VALVE SLOOOOOOOWLY.
This will hold the sealings and valves in a good shape and avoid
leaking.
Since last autumn we found a manufacturer what uses a significant
better sealing system. So, there should be some of the problem solved.
AS