Old June 11th 06, 09:57 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.homebuilt

Default Clear and Amber window for KY197

"Roger" wrote in message
On Sat, 10 Jun 2006 20:58:29 -0700, "J. Severyn"
wrote:

"Roger" wrote in message
. ..

Any one know where I can find the amber colored plastic. I can
probably make the one out of clear and add the lettering. OTOH I
probably could, using Plexiglas glue fit the two together so the
distortion doesn't show. However I'm unwilling to try something that
drastic without having a "back up" in case it doesn't work.

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com

TAP Plastics
http://www.tapplastics.com/aa/pinfo/...te_pantone.pdf
http://www.tapplastics.com/info/acrylic.php?
Acrylite GP

Thanks,

They have it in sheets 2' X 4' at roughly $40 USD plus over size
shipping. It still beats a couple hundred for the panel/face plate.

I'm going to try and come up with some about a foot square. That'd be
enough to do about a dozen radios. :-))

Thanks again,

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com

It comes in most colors of the rainbow.

Regards,
John Severyn
@KLVK

TAP normally has much smaller pieces from other jobs for sale (from custom
work done on site). It might take a phone call to snag a smaller piece, but
usually you can buy anything from a few square inches to a truckload.

John Severyn
@klvk