Old March 6th 05, 02:26 AM
Marc Ramsey

f.blair wrote:
My system, a L-Nav and a Winter variometer. Both have their own capacities,
but they share a TE probe. I have begun to see some bad compensation and
getting some 'stick' thermals. Where should I start looking for leaks,
etc.?

Well, the obvious thing would be to try to isolate the problem. Take
the Winter out of the system and fly with the L-NAV alone, then
vice-versa. If you see stick thermals in both cases, the leak is
someplace between the panel and the probe, or you need to start
filing/filling the end of the probe (assuming it is a Nicks type). If
you have problems with one, but not the other, the leak is somewhere
around or in the one that has the problem. If you get good compensation
in both cases, you likely have cross-flow between the two varios, and
need to move the split farther back from the panel.

Marc