Old December 8th 11, 09:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Scheibe SF-25 Motorfalke horizontal stabilizer and other parts needed

Good idea on adding foam fairing for the gear legs.
As to the frankenscheibe comment this A/C is based on the SF-25, but was/is a much modified experimental with retract gear and reflex flaps and ailerons.
There is not much Scheibe there to franken anymore.
What I need is a tailplane that is not rotten.
Most of the other damage I have already repaired or have worked out the repair for.
As to the tailplane there is enough left to use as patterns if necessary.
I have given some thought to making the stabilizer like the KR-2 stabilizer, wood spars foam for contour covered with fiberglass.
I think that this might be heavier than the wood used in the original.
Does anyone have knowledge of where a wrecked scheibe motorglider might be?
I think all of them are very similar.
I am told that the attachment fittings are somewhat made to fit on an individual basis there being some differences in tolerances form ship to ship.

Best regards,

J.D. Barron