Old October 21st 04, 12:32 AM
BTIZ

Demo flights for marketing are not required to meet the TSA criteria..
however.. if a log book is produced for a CFI endorsement to meet the
requirements of an additional rating.. then TSA rules are in effect.

BT

"Steve Hill" wrote in message
I have a curious question...If this whole "carry your papers" mess is based
on flight instructors verifying a "students" papers...and a "student" is
anyone a flight instructor takes for an instructional flight...wouldn't it
be a simple solution to just have rated pilots who are not instructors
take
"friends" for short "rides"...?? If the pilot were to elect to show a
friend
how he touches the controls for a moment every now and then, I don't see
where an infraction comes into play...I don't think there's any rules
about
showing friends how we as rated pilots do things...If that "ride with a
friend" entices a person to choose to pursue an instructional flight, with
certified instructor, that of course becomes a much more intentional act,
and a little planning and paperwork won't bog things down much at that
point, as they are merely compliance issues...

Perhaps I'm wrong, but methinks there is always more than one way to skin
cat...

Steve
DG-400