Old April 27th 05, 04:01 AM
Morgans

"John S" wrote in message
hlink.net...
How does one decide whether to paint an airplane with laquer, enamel,
polyurethane, or two-part epoxy?

I have no experience with any two part other than poly, but I really do like
poly for the durability. The big thing I want to tell you is that you have
to use great care to protect yourself while spraying poly. It contains
isocyanyde, and can cause permanent liver and nervous system damage.

A mask, or respirator will not filter out this bad stuff. You need a forced
fresh air breathing system. I home brewed one for less than twenty bucks.

Don't shy away from poly because of this. It can be taken care of, quite
easily, and the finish is worth it. There also is a flexible additive that
can be added, but that is not necessary, for metal; just true plastic.
--
Jim in NC