Old December 4th 11, 12:58 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
SteveB[_2_]

Default DG-200 Water Valve

Pulling the bags and taking the valve apart is not a problem. Getting
the valve to not leak is the problem.
Changing the valve system was one of the changes from DG-200 to
DG-202. The bike brake cable system can't generate enough force
to really close the valve. I can get the valve to not leak except
when it's in the wing.
The one trick I used putting the valve back in was to put a drop of
silicone sealant into the head of the allen screw that holds the valve
in
place, put the allen/hex wrench into the screw and let it dry. Yes
you will need 6(?) 4mm hex wrenches. If you drop a screw while
putting the valve back in
the only way to find the screw is to take the valve out again.
Someday I want to fly my -200 with water.

Steve

On Dec 3, 11:23*am, "S. Murry" wrote:
Eric,

Thanks for responding. *Unfortunately, my system appears to be different.