Old June 1st 06, 03:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

Default Which Indicator for KLN-89b

Needs to be an indicator with a course resolver in it. The 12D will
drive
this kind of indicator... I think the ID-824 has a resistive course
selector
which the 12D will drive but not the 89B. There is a Narco indicator
with
the course resolver, but I've never actually seen one.

Indicators that would work: KI-206, KNI-520 Collins ID-351; other
older
Collins or Bendix like the IN-245 or other ARINC standard TSO
indicators.

It is an unfortunate situation!!

Bill Hale

N7936T wrote:
I bought a kln 89b.
I have a MK12d driving a ID-824, a KX-170 driving a KI-214, and a
yellow taged Arc IN-385a sitting on the self.
I have a NAT multi pole relay, annunicator lights and switches.

First choice would be to share the ID-824 between the MK12d and the
89b?

If none of these will work, which indictor could should I watch for
that wouldn't cost a fortune. :?:

Anyone have the pinouts for the KI-214? or the IN-385a?