Old July 3rd 09, 12:04 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim Mara[_2_]

Default Soaring Aids Variometer

I sold Soaring Aids Variometers many years ago (20 + years or more) they
were made by Marvin Willis in Arlington Texas..these were even then an old
design but a lot of us liked them back then....always worked pretty well at
the time..if you'll drop me a note I'll give you a Tel# you might try...
tim

Please visit the Wings & Wheels website at www.wingsandwheels.com
"Tony Condon" wrote in message
Tim -

Easy enough I suppose. when I first got the Cherokee it had an old
Crossfeld electric vario in it. the audio part didnt work. Either the
flask or the battery was hooked up backwards and when I was in lift it
showed down and when I was in sink it showed lift. Also, the scale was
way off. The highest I ever saw was like 2 feet per second but usually it
was between 1/2 and 1 fps (down) when i was in lift that was stronger than
that. I actually learned how to read that old thing and got fairly good
at working lift with it.

-Tony Condon
Cherokee II N373Y