Ventus 2cx brake

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old November 26th 08, 04:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
BravoCharlie

Default Ventus 2cx brake

Hi Pilots,

I have a V2cxT that has the standard S-H disc brake that no longer
works very well. I have been through the obvious fixes; pads, new
fluid, bleed, etc. and haven't been able to bring it back up to
original performance which was adequate but not stellar.

I know a number of pilots have complained about this world-wide and S-
H has issued a voluntary TN. The fix is to basically throw the old
stuff away and replace everything including wheel and tire with the
French-made Beringer system. Beringer makes performance brake systems
for motorcycles, aircraft, etc. It is not cheap and probably not an
easy install.

Does any one have first hand knowledge about this fix? How easy is it
to install and what are the performance gains? I hate to lay out the
cash without an understanding of how much of an improvement I will
see.

Let me know, thanks.

Bob

brake fittings [email protected] Home Built 6 April 30th 07 01:33 AM
K21 brake parts Stuart Kinnear Soaring 10 June 26th 06 09:54 PM
looking for a 75 to 100 ton press brake about 8/10 ft Adrian eyre Home Built 1 January 6th 05 05:28 AM
BRAKE FLUID Ventus B Soaring 9 October 17th 04 07:25 PM
My squishy brake JFLEISC Owning 0 June 30th 04 01:44 AM