ADS-B in and out in both the tow plane and glider

Old November 30th 19, 11:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charles Longley

Default ADS-B in and out in both the tow plane and glider

Because we haven't quite beaten the ADS-B subject to death I thought I would start a new topic.

Does anyone have experience when both the tow plane and glider have ADS-B in and out? How are the alarms handled? In my local area I think there's only one glider with ADS-B out.

I am installing a FLARM brick with ADS-B in in my glider now. I am planning on installing a Trig transponder with ADS-B out next year to coincide with a tilt up instrument panel upgrade. I am contemplating putting a manual switch on the squat switch. Then switching to air mode once I am off tow. Experimental glider but I haven't researched the legality yet.
Old December 1st 19, 07:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS[_5_]

Perhaps a bit early? We may have have to wait until the Seniors contest to get a decent volume of information.

Charles, for your current glider install:
The PowerFLARM's obnoxious alarm while behind an ADS-B equipped towplane problem was fixed many months ago. Other display types will follow suit if they respond to feedback from the minority of pilots who fly in formation.
Film at 11,
Jim
Old December 1st 19, 07:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charles Longley

I didn’t realize it was fixed. What was the solution? They were complaining at Region 8 two years ago because I sent the first of our ADS-B equipped Pawnees to it. Darryl mentioned something about a FLARMnet database. How would I register our two ADS-B equipped tow planes on it?
Old December 1st 19, 08:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS[_5_]

On Sunday, December 1, 2019 at 10:53:35 AM UTC-8, Charles Longley wrote:
I didn’t realize it was fixed. What was the solution? They were complaining at Region 8 two years ago because I sent the first of our ADS-B equipped Pawnees to it. Darryl mentioned something about a FLARMnet database. How would I register our two ADS-B equipped tow planes on it?

The fix was a simple firmware update.
You can register ICAO addresses on FLARMNet.
Instructions are in the FAQs.
https://www.flarmnet.org/faq
Jim
Old December 1st 19, 10:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charles Longley

OK thanks I just registered both of Evergreens tow planes.