Escondido, CA

Old March 19th 05, 02:12 AM
Montblack

("Blueskies" wrote)
(1) Cessna 152 (VFR) $51
(3) Cessna 172 $66
(1) Cessna 177 Cardinal RG $95
(1) Piper Warrior $67
(1) Piper Archer II $77
(1) Piper Arrow IV $88
(1) Piper Dakota $98
(1) Mooney $86
(1) Citabria $73

Are those prices 'wet'.

I wondered that too. This looks like a great setup. What am I missing?

Check out www.pacificcoastflyers.org

(Join the Club link)
Afterwards a checkout by one of the Club approved CFI's is required for your
final acceptance. Current Club Dues is $23/mo. + $25 Initiation Fee & $20
Key Deposit. ($23 * x Months + $25 + $20) is the total cost to join. The
amount of months is from the current month until next July.

I don't know if the "July" is 05 or 06? Seriously - no clue.

IMHO, cheap, cheap, cheap buy-in. (Do you own a piece of the planes?)

Even the dues on top of the "wet" rental rates seem OK for walk-away prices:
$300/ year fees = an additional:
$3/ hr ...100 hrs flying per year
$6/ hr ...50 hrs flying per year
$12/ hr ....25 hrs flying per year

(More from their site)
* Liberal 1 hour per day cross-country minimums.

* Lowest insurance deductible - 80% paid by the Club
* YOU are named as an Additional Insured on the Club policy - No subrogation

* Most travel and lodging expenses paid in the event of unscheduled
maintenance problems
while away from the home airport.

* We accept other club & FBO checkouts.

Flying club here in Minnesota wants almost $7K buy in, then dues at
$98/month, for 50 people on 4 planes - and it's considered a very good club.

http://www.flywell.org/flywell_costs.htm

Montblack

Old March 19th 05, 02:33 AM
Mike 'Flyin'8'

Nothing... It is a great setup. you can take a plane for as long as
you need as long as you fly it for 1 hour per day you book it. So, if
you want a plane for 2 weeks, you put 14 hours on it... or at least
pay for 14 hours.

You gotta get checked out by a club CFI before you can rent...
additionally, on certain planes, a specific CFI must check you out
before you can rent it.

You do not own part of the planes... You pay your annual dues, rent as
needed, and walk away if you wish...

On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 20:12:01 -0600, "Montblack"
wrote:

[...]

Mike Alexander
PP-ASEL
Temecula, CA
See my online aerial photo album at
http://flying.4alexanders.com
Old March 19th 05, 02:37 AM
Mike 'Flyin'8'

Almost forget.... You asked about the July thing.... If you were to
join now... You would pay from now until July 05.... Come July 05, you
pay for a full year. The annual dues are prorated.... So... it you
only be $23 * 4 = $92 (April, May, June, July) This would cover you
until July, when the next year is due.... That is a little more. :-)
$23 * 12

Old March 19th 05, 06:33 PM
Carl / KG6YKL

Montblack wrote:
pacific and coast were sharing a "c"

Now it will work.

http://www.pacificcoastflyers.org

Montblack

Hey that Citabria is John's plane. I have about 100 hours in Good ol'
25delta.

Carl
Old March 21st 05, 01:11 PM
William Snow

Thank you everyone. I am visiting my daughter, from the 18th to the 24th,
from Boston.. Membership is out of the question although the club looks
great. I wish we had one here at PYM.

"William Snow" wrote in message

I am a PPL, IA, working on my CPL. I would like to rent an airplane in
Escondido area. Does anyone know of a reasonable FBO that will rent Piper
PA28-140 to 200R, that you will recommend??
Thank You