Bay Area Sunday Morning!!!

Old June 6th 07, 03:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Bay Area Sunday Morning!!!

On Jun 4, 9:38 pm, Don Tuite
wrote:
On Mon, 04 Jun 2007 20:17:06 -0700, Hamish Reid

wrote:
In article ,
Don Tuite wrote:

On Sun, 3 Jun 2007 05:44:22 +0000 (UTC),
(John Clear) wrote:

In article ,
Don Tuite wrote:
I'll give you a call noonish.

Sylvain, Hamish, Eridian Man? Are you up for anything like a brew?

I'm not any of the above guys, but I'm up for something.

John @ PAO

Give me holler. Our area code, threesixseven six two six eight..

(I don't personally know those guys either, but the context of their
posts places them in the Bay Area.)

Damn -- didn't read this until way too late... Maybe a bunch of us here
should do an informal evening fly-in / get-together at some greater Bay
Area airport with a restaurant (even if it's just a Cattleman's :-) )
sometime soon? Napa, Sacramento, Monterey, and Livermore all come to
mind. I'd be happy to organize it if there's any interest at all...

Hamish

Sure. There's also brunch at SQL's Sky Kitchen.

Don Tuite )

Tried calling jut got your machine will be up and about tonight
Tuesday 06/05/2007 Phone again 5 Zero 3 4 Seven Five 33 4 Seven

Old June 7th 07, 02:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On Jun 5, 7:30 pm, wrote:
On Jun 4, 9:38 pm, Don Tuite
wrote:

On Mon, 04 Jun 2007 20:17:06 -0700, Hamish Reid

wrote:
In article ,
Don Tuite wrote:

On Sun, 3 Jun 2007 05:44:22 +0000 (UTC),
(John Clear) wrote:

In article ,
Don Tuite wrote:
[...]

Launching 07:00 Local Thursday.

Photos Of Tanked Aero Commander 500 With Field approved 3 Blade
Prop's.... looks slick

http://www.aircraftdelivery.net/flit...C500%20Tanked/

Old June 7th 07, 09:58 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

wrote:
Photos Of Tanked Aero Commander 500 With Field approved 3 Blade
Prop's.... looks slick

http://www.aircraftdelivery.net/flit...C500%20Tanked/

Home Depot Aerospace at its finest:

http://www.aircraftdelivery.net/flit...d/S4013130.JPG

Does anybody other than me think that this looks a little dodgy? I see
what it's apparently set up to do - you can use either or both pumps to
pump fuel from either or both ferry tanks - but that seems like a lot of
tapered pipe threads that have to not leak. I also can't tell if the
square base plate is metal or wood; if it's wood, then shouldn't there
be a little more bonding going on? The apparent rigid connection
between the two fuel pump outlets also looks interesting.

Disclaimer: I don't have an A&P; I don't even have a TG&Y, so I could be
way out in left field on this.

Matt Roberds

Old June 7th 07, 11:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Morgans[_2_]

wrote

Does anybody other than me think that this looks a little dodgy? I see
what it's apparently set up to do - you can use either or both pumps to
pump fuel from either or both ferry tanks - but that seems like a lot of
tapered pipe threads that have to not leak. I also can't tell if the
square base plate is metal or wood; if it's wood, then shouldn't there
be a little more bonding going on? The apparent rigid connection
between the two fuel pump outlets also looks interesting.

Disclaimer: I don't have an A&P; I don't even have a TG&Y, so I could be
way out in left field on this.

I was thinking the same thing. Galvanized pipe fittings, standard plumbing
ballcocks? The runs of flexible pipe look like water supply lines used to
hook up sinks and toilets.

I would take it back and tell them to do it again, using aircraft grade pipe
and fittings.

Would I fly that bird across the big ocean? Not in this lifetime.
--
Jim in NC