B-58 Hustler site

Old November 6th 03, 06:05 PM
Darrell

B-58 Hustler History: http://members.cox.net/dschmidt1/
-

"John Mullen" wrote in message
Finally, *please* lose the music. It's awful. Other than that, some

good
stuff.
John

If the music bothers you turn it off. Right near the top of the page
theres a note under the sound control that says

NOTE: If the music bothers you, use the volume
control above to stop or decrease the sound

Yes, I did notice.

Go figure. Some people love the music, others hate it. That's why I

give
each person the option.

In that case, I suggest you make 'off' rather than 'on' the default on
start.

Hmm. That's a possibility. My attempts to do so just now didn't work. The
attributes for it a
embed SRC="airwolf.mid" AUTOSTART=TRUE LOOP=1 WIDTH=200 HEIGHT=55
CONTROLS=SMALLCONSOLE

I've tried deleting the AUTOSTART portion, didn't work. Deleted
AUTOSTART-TRUE LOOP= , didn't work. Any ideas?
The "embed SRC" portion? I'm not sure what SRC stands for.

Old November 6th 03, 06:11 PM
Darrell

No. Henry was gone by the time I got into the program. I flew the B-52H
until the mid 60's when I then entered the B-58 program.

--

B-58 Hustler History: http://members.cox.net/dschmidt1/
-

"Paul Tomblin" wrote in message
In a previous article, "Darrell" said:
My last Hustler flight must have been around December of 1970. We flew

them
out to Davis-Monthan in Tucson, AZ to be destroyed as part of the SALT
Treaty. And.. no, I never got to fly formation with the B-70. I would
have love to do that.

Did you know Hank Deutschendorf? I understand he was one of the test
pilots on the B-58, and he was John Denver's father.

--
Paul Tomblin http://xcski.com/blogs/pt/
SCSI is *NOT* magic. There are *fundamental technical reasons* why it is

Old November 6th 03, 06:34 PM
Darrell

"John S. Shinal" wrote:

My last Hustler flight must have been around December of 1970.

How fast was it to initiate an eject sequence ?

"Pretty fast" The slowest part was the actual encapsulation which occured
when the ejection handle levers were raised. It took .25 seconds to
contract the crewmember and then the doors closed. (Note: the decimal point
before 25= less than 1/2 second). The padded levers retracted the feet
inside the capsule, the chest strap gave you a bear hug and pulled you back
inside, and when everything was "proper" the doors slammed closed. The pilot
could fly the aircraft from inside the capsule because the control stick was
still functional while encapsulated. Only the pilot's capsule had a window
to view the instrument panel and multiple buttons on the control stick to
retard power, change CG, engage/disengage the autopilot, trim, give the
bailout warning, etc. If ejection was necessary after encapsulating you
then squeezed either ejection handle trigger.

The "More B-58 Pictures Annex" link on my Hustler home page includes a
section on both the pilot's control stick and the capsule operation.

How was the envelope for successful ejection during T/O and
landing ? It seems like they didn't have a lot of success getting out
of that thing in a hurry.

You had to be going at least 100 knots for a zero altitude ejection to be
satisfactory. It seems to provide for supersonic ejection protection there
was a minimum delay that required the 100 knots. They probably could have
made it zero-zero but that might have made it vulnerable to break up during
a supersonic ejection.

Old November 7th 03, 03:12 AM

"Darrell" wrote:

[...]

Perhaps "AUTOSTART=FALSE LOOP (etc)?
But you likely tried that.
--

-Gord.
Old November 7th 03, 06:05 PM
Darrell

"Gord Beaman" wrote in message
[...]

No, I didn't. Thanks. I'll give that a try.
Darrell

Old November 7th 03, 10:25 PM
Darrell

Good thinking, Gord. That worked fine. I changed the TRUE to FALSE and
now Airwolf doesn't automatically play. So I changed the text under the
play control to read:

NOTE: If you would like to hear the "Air Wolf" music,
click on the play button above.

Old November 8th 03, 12:55 AM

"Darrell" wrote:

Good thinking, Gord. That worked fine. I changed the TRUE to FALSE and
now Airwolf doesn't automatically play. So I changed the text under the
play control to read:

NOTE: If you would like to hear the "Air Wolf" music,
click on the play button above.

WooHoo!...a week ago I couldn't even spell guuru...now I are
one!...

--

-Gord.