XC Soar Map Generator link down

Old May 8th 13, 08:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default XC Soar Map Generator link down

On Wednesday, May 8, 2013 9:56:43 AM UTC-4, wrote:
On Wednesday, May 8, 2013 7:51:22 AM UTC-4, Tobias Bieniek wrote:

Actually, how are the "permanent" areas on the map decided?

They were once imported from the LK8000 project and filtered for duplicates and overlapping areas. If you feel that some are missing then please tell us you suggestions with name and coordinates.

They should be rather generic and not bound to certain competitions. For example there is just a single map for Germany, one for the Alps, one for France, ... I don't know how well that maps to the US, but I could imagine grouping certain states together into useful maps.

OK, interesting. Actually there's a few Soaring Meccas through the general

region -- Florida (12 months of soaring a year), Carolinas (most popular

US contest and also popular commercial operation), Tennessee/Georgia (weekend

race series) and the Blue Ridge and Shenandoah Valley (long ridge flights

from several clubs along its length).

I'll suggest some after consideration. Also for consideration might be to

post xcm files to the turnpoint exchange. I'll ping John and see if that

would be interesting.

Matt

All right, I'll suggest the following three areas. Anyone flying in the
region should check my math; I took a look at several lists of control points
in use in the region and combined them to come up with this:

GTA region: 30.5N, 88.0W, 37.0N, 82.0W
Carolinas: 32.5N, 83.8W, 37.8N, 76.0W,
Ridges: 35.7N, 84.2W, 41.0N, 77.0N

Matt
Old May 8th 13, 09:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tobias Bieniek

Please note that the mail server is not yet configured properly again, which means that you might not receive a mail once the map is ready for download. I will fix that asap.
Old May 12th 13, 03:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean F (F2)

Matt McKrell - I wanted to publicly thank you for sending me your XC Soar Map file.

Thanks again!!!!!!!!! I have been using it since and just now have time to download a larger one.

Your's has been perfect! I would have struggled without it.

Sean
F2
Old May 13th 13, 01:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Aw, shucks! People have helped me out a lot when I'm down. Just had to
pass it on.

Nice flight today. I see Dan Sazhin did well at Mifflin today also.
How well has xcsoar been handling MAT tasks? So far it looks like you
guys have only had the long MAT called, but Mifflin was more the roll-your-own
task. Not sure how I'd do that with xcsoar yet.

Matt
Old May 13th 13, 05:14 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean F (F2)

XC soar does it well. It has a mat task selection actually. Thanks!!

Sean

OLC - 2008 - DO NOT USE 2007 URL LINK, or current ssa.org link [email protected] Soaring 1 October 25th 07 05:37 PM
'A' or 'B' generator circuit? jim Owning 1 August 8th 06 02:02 AM
generator mufflers Lou Home Built 37 July 17th 06 11:16 PM
E5-A generator-12V,50A jerry wass Restoration 0 April 8th 06 04:47 AM
E5-A Eclipse 12V-50A Generator jerry wass Aviation Marketplace 0 April 8th 06 03:50 AM