GA is priceless

Old December 29th 06, 01:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
mad8

Default GA is priceless

people said that about motorcycle riders for years, but stats show that
the "squid" factor is actually increasing...

Orval Fairbairn wrote:
In article ,
Jose wrote:

God almighty, I can't understand for the life of me why there
isn't an airplane in every American garage...

Would you really want Joe Sixpack on approach doing his lipstick with a
cellphone in his ear?

Jose

Darwin would take care of that!

Old December 29th 06, 01:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Viperdoc[_4_]

I agree, although it is frustrating to see an interesting discourse get
disrupted by argumentative comments and lack of logic or experience.

You almost sound like a closet democrat! It must come from living in that
liberal town!

Best wishes.
JN

Old December 29th 06, 01:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Morgans[_5_]

"Viperdoc" wrote

I agree, although it is frustrating to see an interesting discourse get
disrupted by argumentative comments and lack of logic or experience.

I agree, but it is clear that there a tons of people on this group that
don't seem to mind the constant interruptions.

I don't understand why; 1) They put up with him. 2) They don't understand
why they can't see that every response of any kind, keeps him around. 3)
This is trolling taken to the ultimate factor. He has done this to other
groups, including groups on breast feeding. His interest in aviation is
just an excuse to troll here.

The ONLY way to deal with a troll is to let them dry up on the vine. Don't
water, feed, or pick them.

Please everyone: Wake Up!!!
--
Jim in NC

Old December 29th 06, 02:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck

Nothing makes real flying inherently superior to simulation as a
hobby.

I can name a dozen things that make flying inherently superior to
simulation as a hobby. But then, you already know what they are.

The Kiwi is a lot of fun, and MS Flight Sim is a terrific program, but
it'll never match flying as a hobby -- no matter *how* perfect I can
make the experience.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old December 29th 06, 02:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
mad8

tell that to rec.sport.paintball

Mxsmanic wrote:
Many people enjoy
first-person shooter games, but have no desire to shoot or be shot at
in real life.

Old December 29th 06, 03:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Thomas Borchert

Mxsmanic,

Nothing makes real flying inherently superior to simulation as a
hobby.

Once again, you're showing your very serious psychological illness. Get
help! Real help, not simulated help.

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Old December 29th 06, 04:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Ken Chaddock writes:

One would think you've never flown in a *real* light aircraft...nothing
making real flying inherently superior to simulation...sheesh.

It's hard for some people to recognize the subjectivity of such
opinions.

Ever had the wind in your face at 75 knots in a open cockpit bi-plane ?

No. I don't like being in high winds.

Ever had that *wonderful* experience of an engine-out 50 miles from the
nearest airstrip ?

No. I don't like unsafe situations.

Ever had the dizyiny execeleration of spinning in a *real* aircraft ?

See above.

Ever experienced the sudden terror of realizing that you're in a sprial
dive and rapidly nearing Vne ?

See above.

I've been in a "couple" of simulators in my time but have yet to find
one that can simulate a loop or an Himmelman ...

Why would you want to simulate these?

... and let's not even talk about "games" like Flight Simulator !

At least in a simulator a bad pilot can survive his mistakes.

Old December 29th 06, 04:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Jay Honeck writes:

I can name a dozen things that make flying inherently superior to
simulation as a hobby.

No, you cannot.

I'm sure you can easily name a dozen things that you personally prefer
about flying for real as opposed to flying in simulation. But that's
not the same thing as objective superiority, of course.

The Kiwi is a lot of fun, and MS Flight Sim is a terrific program, but
it'll never match flying as a hobby -- no matter *how* perfect I can
make the experience.

You'll never die in a simulator, either.

Old December 29th 06, 04:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Buck Murdock

Is anyone else picturing our resident troll playing Flight Sim when they
watch this video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9pgOmlHE2k
Old December 29th 06, 04:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Orval Fairbairn

In article ,
Mxsmanic wrote:

Jay Honeck writes:

Why in the world someone would want to emulate flying without
ever really *doing* it is simply beyond my comprehension.

Perhaps because you assume that flying in reality is unconditionally
preferable to flying in simulation. However, just as flying for real
has advantages that simulation does not, flying in simulation has
advantages that flying for real does not. Thus, it's entirely to be
expected that some people would prefer simulation to real flight.

I've given examples before, but I can repeat a few. One example is
that flying for real actually requires that one go somewhere. For
people who don't like to travel or commute, this is a huge drawback to
flying for real. Simulation takes you nowhere in real-world terms,
and so it's ideal if you don't actually want to go anywhere.
Simulation allows you to fly without paying the price of actually
moving from place to place, with all the inconveniences that the
latter brings.

I would hazard a guess that "MX" prefers porn/"simsex" to the real
thing, too -- no STDs, no pregnancies, no "red plague," no "headaches,"
etc.

Dual glide slope, $95...priceless! Jack Allison Owning 20 October 22nd 06 03:45 AM
Priceless Tugs kojak Owning 0 August 9th 05 10:25 PM
"Priceless" in Afghanistan Pechs1 Naval Aviation 34 March 7th 04 06:27 AM
"Priceless" in Afghanistan BUFDRVR Military Aviation 15 February 28th 04 04:17 PM
Priceless in Afganistan breyfogle Military Aviation 18 February 24th 04 05:54 AM