tell me about crop dusting.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old November 9th 05, 11:36 PM
buttman

Default tell me about crop dusting.

I am interested in doing crop dusting instead / in addition to flight
instructing to build hours in order to get a good aviation job. What
kind of experience do they prefer? I know all you legally need is a
commercial liscense (which I already have), so will that be enough? Do
they want more? I know banner towing is a dangerous thing, so its
fairly easy to find a job doing that, is crop dusting the same in that
regard? Is the pay good enought for a single person like me to live off
of modestly? Can crop disting jobs found everywhere, or will I have to
move somewhere remote, like Alaska? (I currently live in Ohio.)

Could someone here who has done some crop dusting chime in here and
give me some info? For refrence, I'm 22 years old, 215 total time,
CP-ASEL-IA, soon to be CFI next week, and eventually CFII along with a
multi rating, and maybe even a MEI. Thanks.

Crop Dusting with Helicopters [email protected] Rotorcraft 27 July 5th 05 04:55 PM
Interesting Crop Design Andrew Sarangan Piloting 17 March 3rd 05 07:34 AM
Crop duster missing Len Piloting 18 November 11th 04 12:25 AM
Is it time to arm crop duster pilots as well as airline pilots? Larry Dighera Piloting 12 April 6th 04 08:47 PM
Ice meteors, climate, sceptics Brian Sandle General Aviation 43 February 24th 04 12:27 AM