Question to Mxmanic

Old April 19th 07, 05:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Erik

Default Question to Mxmanic

Thomas Borchert wrote:

Erik,
If you have read MS threads, I'm sure you realize you'r falling into the
same trap many of us have fallen into: MX does not at all want to learn. He
wants to make trouble here. He is deadly afraid of flying. Yet you still
take him seriously.

What's really sad is I subscribed to this yesterday. I started
reading through posts and empathizing with the poor *******.

It took about 12 minutes of reading and some replies to lose that
empathy.

I still like to pretend I have faith in people

Old April 19th 07, 05:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Erik

Mxsmanic wrote:

Nomen Nescio writes:

Only if I'm approaching light speed.

And I only worry about compressibility if I'm approaching Mach 1, which
doesn't happen often in a Baron. QED.

Yes, what if you're approaching mach 1 and suddenly your CFI unplugs
your computer to simulate an engine failure?

Old April 20th 07, 04:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
swag

On Apr 18, 2:45 pm, Mxsmanic wrote:
swag writes:
so didyou when you did your "test flight?"

In the sim? No, there was no bump.

You won't encounter a bump from wake turbulence unless you are
doing a steep turn ( like 45 degree bank angle which should
take 19 seconds to go 360)

Why would the steepness of a turn matter?

A 2-G turn is rather close to the load limits for many types of aircraft.

The steepness matters for two reasons
1. the time of the turn matters to whether the wake turbulance is
dissipating
2. the bank angle changes the rate of descent of the wake
So if you are doing a standard rate turn that takes two minutes, you
will not hit youur wake. But if you do a 2g turn (around 45 degrees)
it should take 19 seconds and you will hit your wake.
3. a 2 g turn should not be close to the load limits of any airplane
certificated in the standard (let alone the utility) category. My
airplane ( a P337) is certificated as standard, not utility. the load
limits ar +3.8 flaps up. And is approved for turns up to 60 degrees.