Need a tie-down sleeve (cuff?) for LS-4

Old August 23rd 13, 01:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Uncle Fuzzy[_2_]

Default Need a tie-down sleeve (cuff?) for LS-4

.... and actually a couple other gliders too. I would like to get the ball rolling on this, but don't know where to sart. MM or Fidel come do mind. If needed*, I could provide a 'section' *have otwire, CFPRO, and cnc template capability) (and ordinate files) , but I'll bet that's stupid amounts of overkill.
The tie-down sleeve for the LS4 would be the priority, followed by the Janus, and then a tow-out wing wheel setup for the Speed Astir)
Thanks,
Jim
* Maybe. Last year - easy - now? I'm not sure, though I've cut literally hundreds of cores.
Old August 23rd 13, 02:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Craig R.

http://www.cumulus-soaring.com/jj.htm
Old August 23rd 13, 04:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Hey Jim,

Many years back the wife of my LS-6 partner made us some tie down devices.
She took nylon strap and sewed it into a loop which would slide over the
wing tip. To that, she attached a half loop perpendicular to the original
loop which would ride against the wingtip and keep it from sliding too far
inboard. And, to that, she attached a steel ring to tie a rope.

To use the devices, you'd simply slip them onto the wingtips with the rings
at the bottom and tie the glider down. The stakes should be slightly
inboard to prevent the thingies from slipping off.

She also sewed us some drawstring bags which would hold the stuff and,
should we land out, we could fill the bags with rocks to tie the ship down
while waiting for a retrieve.

I thought the things looked like something you'd find at an adult novelty
shop, but they worked...

Old August 23rd 13, 05:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS

I had the type Dan describes made for LS-4 and LS-6.
Awning shops can build them.
UF, I'll draw it on a napkin for you tomorrow.
Jim
Old August 23rd 13, 09:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bill T

Actually what is needed is the sleeve for sliding into the trailer, hard stand on leading edge to support the wing, slides to about the inboard aileron gap.
Remember ours was run over a couple of years back. It got pounded back into shape, but now some joints have failed.
Old August 23rd 13, 11:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Uncle Fuzzy[_2_]

On Friday, August 23, 2013 1:28:09 PM UTC-7, Bill T wrote:
Actually what is needed is the sleeve for sliding into the trailer, hard stand on leading edge to support the wing, slides to about the inboard aileron gap.

Remember ours was run over a couple of years back. It got pounded back into shape, but now some joints have failed.

Yup. What Bill said. I was already fading fast when I attempted to repair what we had, and the aluminum just can't be 'worked' that much without failing.

Fiberglass Wing Cuff vontresc Soaring 11 May 14th 10 04:19 AM
Shrinking inner sleeve Michael Horowitz Home Built 1 August 12th 08 08:44 AM
Any tricks to forming an inner sleeve? Michael Horowitz Owning 0 September 7th 07 10:05 PM
Tie down sleeve for Ventus 2 Steve Leonard Soaring 7 April 5th 07 08:04 PM
Navman GPS sleeve Oscar Goudriaan Soaring 1 March 2nd 07 09:27 PM