New Soaring PNA Available

Old May 10th 10, 08:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Junior Team 2007

Default New Soaring PNA Available

http://silentflight.com/index.php?op...=1 &Itemid=16

Al - Tell us what it can do!
Old May 11th 10, 12:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On May 10, 12:22*pm, Junior Team 2007
wrote:
http://silentflight.com/index.php?op...&Itemid=16&vmc....

Al - Tell us what it can do!

Well its a CE5 device with a 12 Channel GPS in it.
You can run on it what ever you want on it bottom line.

I am currently running the LK8000 beta test software on it currently
and really like the software
..
What is interesting is when testing the unit the GPS is accurate
enough IMHO to dispense with all the crazy cabling needed to talk to a
vario system.
The net result its the unit works really well as a self contained unit
all you need to do it connect the unit to 12V power.

More info and photos on http://silentflight.com

Oh and the price is right.. so come on down......

Al
Old May 11th 10, 03:29 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bastoune

Two quick questions:

What is the screen resolution?
Is there a serial port? If so, has anyone tried to interface with
flight computer or vario?

Thanks!
Old May 11th 10, 03:56 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
toad

.
What is interesting is when testing the unit the GPS is accurate
enough IMHO to dispense with all the crazy cabling needed to talk to a
vario system.
The net result its the unit works really well as a self contained unit
all you need to do it connect the unit to 12V power.

More info and photos onhttp://silentflight.com

Oh and the price is right.. so come on down......

Al

What I really want to know. Does it come with a plastic Jesus ?
Old May 11th 10, 05:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On May 10, 7:29*pm, Bastoune wrote:
Two quick questions:

What is the screen resolution?
Is there a serial port? If so, has anyone tried to interface with
flight computer or vario?

Thanks!

Screen res is 800x480 with a 533mhz CPU.

There is a port marked COM that we will be experimenting with to see
if it will take NMEA.
Or you could buy (and we will be supplying shortly) an integration
cable/charging cable that will let you connect an external NMEA feed.

Al
Old May 11th 10, 05:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On May 10, 7:56*pm, toad wrote:

wrote:

http://silentflight.com/index.php?op...&Itemid=16&vmc...

Al - Tell us what it can do!

Well its a CE5 device with a 12 Channel GPS in it.
You can run on it what ever you want on it bottom line.

I am currently running the LK8000 beta test software on it currently
and really like the software
.
What is interesting is when testing the unit the GPS is accurate
enough IMHO to dispense with all the crazy cabling needed to talk to a
vario system.
The net result its the unit works really well as a self contained unit
all you need to do it connect the unit to 12V power.

More info and photos onhttp://silentflight.com

Oh and the price is right.. so come on down......

Al

What I really want to know. Does it come with a plastic Jesus ?

Tell you what Toad you buy one I will send you a plastic Jesus with
it.

Al
Old May 11th 10, 05:53 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On May 10, 9:41*pm, Eric Greenwell wrote:
On 5/10/2010 9:12 PM, wrote: On May 10, 7:29 pm, *wrote:

Two quick questions:

What is the screen resolution?
Is there a serial port? If so, has anyone tried to interface with
flight computer or vario?

Thanks!

Screen res is 800x480 with a 533mhz CPU.

Sunlight readability compared to an Ipaq 3850?

--
Eric Greenwell - Washington State, USA (netto to net to email me)

Much better however its hard to define as everyone has their own
opinions about readability.

What is more important is the readability with more screen real
estate.

Cheers

Al

Old May 11th 10, 06:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS

On May 10, 9:53*pm, "
wrote:

What is more important is the readability with more screen real
estate.

And a free Plastic Jesus!
http://web.archive.org/web/200605210...ng/gliding.htm
Old May 11th 10, 06:26 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On May 10, 10:10*pm, JS wrote:
On May 10, 9:53*pm, "
wrote:

What is more important is the readability with more screen real
estate.

And a free Plastic Jesus!http://web.archive.org/web/200605210...ght.com/Glidin...

Ok Jim, I'll throw in free plastic Jesus upgrade for the first 10
purchasers.

The JPS (Jesus Positioning Unit) will be autographed with a Sharpie by
yours truely.

Al