Simulators

Old March 9th 09, 06:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Default Simulators

Mike Ash writes:

The "entire thing" as in six monitors and computers to drive them all?

You mentioned only a new computer and a decent set of controls.

My marginal cost for flying is gas to drive to the airport and around
$32 for the tow. If I were renting a club plane instead of flying my own
I'd pay about $24/hour on top of those. As it is, the cost of ownership
is pretty much entirely fixed regardless of how much I fly. Lately,
amortizing the per-flight costs over the flight time, I've been paying
roughly $25/hour total.

Sounds like gliders are a lot less expensive than powered aircraft.
Old March 9th 09, 08:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Maxwell[_2_]

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
Mike Ash writes:

The "entire thing" as in six monitors and computers to drive them all?

You mentioned only a new computer and a decent set of controls.

My marginal cost for flying is gas to drive to the airport and around
$32 for the tow. If I were renting a club plane instead of flying my own
I'd pay about $24/hour on top of those. As it is, the cost of ownership
is pretty much entirely fixed regardless of how much I fly. Lately,
amortizing the per-flight costs over the flight time, I've been paying
roughly $25/hour total.

Sounds like gliders are a lot less expensive than powered aircraft.

Gee, I wonder why. Must be some kind of Anti-Mxsmanic campaign.

Old March 9th 09, 10:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mike Ash

In article ,
Mxsmanic wrote:

Mike Ash writes:

The "entire thing" as in six monitors and computers to drive them all?

You mentioned only a new computer and a decent set of controls.

That's not true. I also mentioned a more comprehensive setup. I asked
the question because I wasn't sure which one you were referring to.

My marginal cost for flying is gas to drive to the airport and around
$32 for the tow. If I were renting a club plane instead of flying my own
I'd pay about $24/hour on top of those. As it is, the cost of ownership
is pretty much entirely fixed regardless of how much I fly. Lately,
amortizing the per-flight costs over the flight time, I've been paying
roughly $25/hour total.

Sounds like gliders are a lot less expensive than powered aircraft.

Your powers of perception are truly astounding.

--
Mike Ash
Radio Free Earth

Simulators? cavelamb himself[_5_] Naval Aviation 6 June 15th 08 03:49 AM
PC IFR simulators Nick Kliewer Instrument Flight Rules 20 November 2nd 06 08:16 AM
simulators RCPLANE Simulators 0 December 18th 03 06:41 PM
IFR simulators Tony Owning 8 October 27th 03 08:42 PM
IFR simulators Richard Kaplan Instrument Flight Rules 3 July 24th 03 03:53 AM