Way off topic, but it has do to with the French

Old March 7th 08, 04:21 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck[_2_]

Default Way off topic, but it has do to with the French

Just because you think something is so, does not make it so.

Apparently you have a problem with that distinction.

It's not about France -- it's about your adamant refusal to see that
you reasoning is flawed.

No, Dan -- it's about your inability to follow a thread. My reasoning
hasn't even started to come into play here -- all I've been doing is
reporting my observations of French jokes in America.

You can deny anything you want -- but your denials don't make the truth of
the matter any less obvious, or any less true. And the truth is, the
French are the butt of many jokes in America -- period. Anything else you
want to read into this phenomenon is *your* personal interpretation, not
mine -- but denying the phenomenon is just stupid.

And that's your problem. I'll say it one more time then I'm done
trying to explain this basic logic to you -- just because YOU think
"Americans joke about" the French and those jokes are true while other
stereotype jokes are untrue is simply unreasonable.

WTF? How did you get THAT out of anything I've said? I was simply
pointing out the dichotomy between types of ethnic jokes -- but I guess that
was a bit too subtle for you. Pity.

Oh, well. It's been a fun topic, anyway.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old March 7th 08, 05:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Stella Starr

Jay Honeck wrote:

I told the newsroom people what to do in order to
maximize sales...

I was quickly promoted beyond the newsroom,...

I was careful to note that I'm not disrespecting your business skills.
But you never reported news for a living. You delivered papers. It's a
business, and a demanding one, but it is not news. If you drove a truck
full of band-aids, you still don't get to pretend you're a doctor.

And you don't get to make that breathtaking claim until you produce
someone who DID work in the newsroom to agree that you "told the
newsroom people what to do."

I warned you a long time ago that if I caught you pretending to be a
journalist again I'd call you on it. You're a pilot, a businessman, and
many things, but you have never ever reported news or worked in journalism.
Old March 7th 08, 09:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

"Jay Honeck" wrote in

Your hypersensitivity aside, I'm trying to explain to you WHY the
French are the butt of jokes in America.
But they aren't the butt of jokes in America. At least not where I
live.

They have been both places I've lived.

I've lived in two states (Side note for Martin: Both states are bigger
than most European countries), and many different cities. I've worked
in Chicago, Milwaukee, Racine, Kenosha, Iowa City, Cedar Rapids. I've
worked for and with the New York Times, the Racine Journal Times, the
Chicago Tribune, and the Cedar Rapids Gazette.

Wow, a man of the world.

In every locale, in every position, the French are AT BEST chuckled
at. Maybe it's a Midwestern thing, maybe it's a generational thing --
I don't know -- but it's pretty much universal, and was especially
prevalent with my dad's (WWII) generation.

Bull****.

Bertie

Old March 7th 08, 09:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

"Jay Honeck" wrote in

Lest someone think this signifies a journalistic association, you
delivered newspapers. You managed many people who delivered the
papers. Your role was supply management, which is not to take away
from the responsibility, but you have never had any job reporting or
handling the news in any way, except to toss it onto the doorstep.
Implying otherwise is to claim expertise to which you are not
entitled.

Gee, Stella, I guess I wasn't making a distinction between the
pressroom, the newsroom, circulation and marketing.

That's right, because your intent was to mislead.

Bertie
Old March 7th 08, 09:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

Default Way off topic, but it has do to with why Jay is a racist

"Jay Honeck" wrote in

It doesn't require hypersensitivity when someone is so glaringly
offensive. Nearly everyone on this thread has been trying to point
out to you that the French are not really different (better or worse)
than any other nationality on this planet, but no one can get through
to you. You are the one choosing not to listen, Jay.

No, Phil -- you're just not grasping the content of the conversation,
which is a dispassionate analysis of *why* the French are the butt of
so many jokes in America. =

It's becaquse they wouldn;t toe the line and kiss your master's ass you
racist piece of ****.

Bertie
Old March 7th 08, 09:59 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.alien.vampire.flonk.flonk.flonk
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

Default Way off topic, Jay Honeck is a racist ****bag.

"Jay Honeck" wrote in news:JnFzj.9933$TT4.968
@attbi_s22:

And what was France's contribution during WW1?

They helped win it -- but who cares?

Answer: No one. Past gallantry is trumped by recent ignobility.

What, like My Lai, Abu Graib and Guantanamo bay?

Bertie
Old March 7th 08, 10:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

Default Way off topic, but it has do to with the French upgraded to equal opportunity insulter

Wolfgang Schwanke wrote in news:639ec0F26h03tU1
@mid.uni-berlin.de:

Bertie the Bunyip wrote in

:

OK, you're a raccist fjukkwit.

You're a retarded yank who doesn't get it.

Maybe they should

Level 1. invade naeighbors to southeast.
Level 2 *anschull the next nieghbors to souteast
Level 3 *invade neighbors to east
Level 4 invade neighbors to west
Level 5 **** up everything else and go whining back to the
vaterland.

Tina did that one already.

Tina's German?

No she's an American who did the same joke you did. BTW it's Anschluß.

So now you're invading the language?

I also like this onehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9NUKwHEWEg

But can't you come up with a different stereotype for a change?

I should be asking you that, shouldn't I?

You still don't get it. Cultural stereotypes are little jokes we tell
about each other to have some fun.

Oh I get, it.

You do not.

They're not real, we're just pulling
each other's legs. And it's the job of the one who tells them to

invent
them. So for example it would be your job to invent an anti-German

one.
But you didn't, you just repeated the same old same old one. Lame.

Nope. You just didn't get it.

Meanwhile it's our job to come up with anti-American ones, which is
what I did. It's your job not to get uppity about it, especially not

as
you do it to everyone else, but to lay back and enjoy it.

I'm not getting uppity at all nazi boi.

Bertie

Old March 7th 08, 10:53 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

Martin Hotze wrote in news:fqo12p$5gg$2
@kirk.hotze.com:

Wolfgang Schwanke schrieb:
but to lay back and enjoy it.

Hey! You're German. Aren't you supposed to not have fun at all? :-))

Hey! I'm sure he's out in his leerhosen marching somewhere right now!

Bertie
Old March 7th 08, 10:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

Jim Logajan wrote in
:

Martin Hotze wrote:
Wolfgang Schwanke schrieb:
but to lay back and enjoy it.

Hey! You're German. Aren't you supposed to not have fun at all? :-))

I thought it was the British who weren't supposed to have fun. Or
maybe sex - I forget the exact details.

They have fun. And sex. They both involve getting their bottoms spnakked,
of course...

Bertie
Old March 7th 08, 12:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dan[_10_]

I wrote:
Just because you think something is so, does not make it so.
Apparently you have a problem with that distinction.
It's not about France -- it's about your adamant refusal to see that
you reasoning is flawed.

Jay of Iowa replied:

I also wrote:
And that's your problem. I'll say it one more time then I'm done
trying to explain this basic logic to you -- just because YOU think
"Americans joke about" the French and those jokes are true while other
stereotype jokes are untrue is simply unreasonable.

Jay rebutted:
WTF? How did you get THAT out of anything I've said? I was simply
pointing out the dichotomy between types of ethnic jokes -- but I guess that
was a bit too subtle for you. Pity.

To Jay:
I'm done.

To anyone with sense:
Am I crazy or is this paperboy just supremely dense?

Dan