WinPilot Design Center Access Problems?

Old January 20th 07, 01:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank[_1_]

Default WinPilot Design Center Access Problems?

I recently purchased a WinPilot PRO license, and I have been attempting
to register/access the user support area called the Design Center, with
no success at all. I registered & got feedback from the site that an
activation code had been sent to my email address, but nothing
received. I have tried several times, with the same result.

Emails and phone calls to WinPilot and to CraggyAero have not resolved
the problem. Anyone else have this problem or know of a solution?

TIA,

Frank

Old January 20th 07, 03:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Gary Emerson

Frank wrote:
I recently purchased a WinPilot PRO license, and I have been attempting
to register/access the user support area called the Design Center, with
no success at all. I registered & got feedback from the site that an
activation code had been sent to my email address, but nothing
received. I have tried several times, with the same result.

Emails and phone calls to WinPilot and to CraggyAero have not resolved
the problem. Anyone else have this problem or know of a solution?

TIA,

Frank

did you check your "junk mail"?
Old January 20th 07, 05:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim Taylor

Frank wrote:
I recently purchased a WinPilot PRO license, and I have been attempting
to register/access the user support area called the Design Center, with
no success at all. I registered & got feedback from the site that an
activation code had been sent to my email address, but nothing
received. I have tried several times, with the same result.

Emails and phone calls to WinPilot and to CraggyAero have not resolved
the problem. Anyone else have this problem or know of a solution?

TIA,

Frank

Frank,

I tried the same about a month ago and got no response. I am not sure
the system works.

Tim

Old January 20th 07, 10:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank[_1_]

Tim,

Thanks for the reply - do you know if there is any other official or
unofficial user support group for WinPilot? I have done a pretty
intensive evaluation of the product over the last month or so, and I'm
now trying to determine if the features/bugs I have probems with are
just me, or commonly encountered by others as well.

Richard at CraggyAero is a great resource and he is very knowledgeable,
but one person doesn't make a user community ;-)

Regards,

Frank

Old January 21st 07, 03:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tuno

Frank,

I don't think the system you're referring to has been used the way it
was intended in years. Lack of participation I think. I recall trying
to use it in 2003 and giving up fairly quickly.

But I have been able to get all the support I need from direct e-mail
and from this forum.

-ted/2NO

Old January 21st 07, 06:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank[_1_]

Ted,

Thanks for the information - I think you are correct that the "Design
Center" is moribund. Based on my experience so far, I could believe it
died not for lack of interested users, but due to lack of response from
Jerry ;-).

Frank

Old January 22nd 07, 06:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim Taylor

Frank,

I have found that Jerry will usually respond within a few days to
specific questions. Richard is very good at working to help find
solutions. This group works well for general questions and I agree
that a place to post specific questions and suggestions would be nice.
Not sure if it is a big enough community to make a Yahoo group, but
Glider Forum would be a good place to start. I like the fact that it
has history that is easy to review.

I hope Jerry will add the ability to have multiple pages of
information. That would be the biggest improvement from my
perspective. If you have specific questions e-mail me directly and I
can try to help. The learning curve is a little steep, but once you get
used to it WinPilot is easy to use and configure.

Tim