"Mohammed Atta Was in my Cockpit"

Old September 11th 06, 05:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Logajan

Default "Mohammed Atta Was in my Cockpit"

Orval Fairbairn wrote:
I received this as part of Gary Wiblins' (So.
Africa) Aviation Safety email:

It is truly chilling!

"Mohammad Atta was in my Cockpit Jump-seat**by*Pat

Pat? Is that the Pat from "Saturday Night Live"?

The story smells like a big pile of male bovine fecal matter to me.
Old September 11th 06, 06:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Denny

Sing along with me:
Troll, troll, troll your boat
Gently down the net
Merrily, merrily, merrily now
Your brains are getting wet.

Old September 11th 06, 07:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Sylvain

Orval Fairbairn wrote:

It is truly chilling!

yes, but probably a fake; for instance:

US citizen?" *He said no. *I also found that very strange because I know
that in order to have an Airline Transport Pilot rating, the rating
required to be an airline captain, one has to be a US citizen, and

is totally untrue, i.e., the guy who wrote this does not know what
he is talking about,

--Sylvain
Old September 11th 06, 08:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
AJ

Quote: "His name was Mohammad Atta, the leader of the terrorist
hijackers. Atta had boarded my flight from Baltimore to Atlanta on July
26, 2001 wearing an American Airlines first officer uniform. He had the
corresponding AA company ID identifying him as a pilot, not to mention
the required FAA pilot license and medical certificate that he was
required to show me as proof of his aircrew status for access to my
jumpseat."

Okay, so we've established (according to this guy) that Mohammed Atta
looked to be every bit as legitimate as the author.

Quote: "There was nothing to indicate, though, that he was anything
other than who or what he said he was, because he had the documentation
to prove who he was. In retrospect, we now know his uniform was stolen
and his documents were forged."

So, even though the guy was extremely suspicious and "creepy", the
author thought nothing of it, and chose to not question his
authenticity.

Quote: "I also found myself being scrutinized by TSA screeners more and
more everyday when I went to work, and suffered the humiliating
indignity of being identified about half the time for body searches in
front of the general flying public who looked at the entire process as
being ludicrous. "They don't even trust their own pilots!" accompanied
by an unbelieving snicker was the usual response. Here I was, a retired
USAF officer who had been entrusted to fly nuclear weapons around the
world, who had been granted a Top Secret clearance and had been on
missions over the course of 21 years in the military that I still can't
talk about without fear of prosecution by the DoD, who was being
scanned by a flunkie TSA screener looking for any sign of a pen knife
or nail file on my person."

Uh, so why should the author be upset? He just established that the
hijackers posed as legitimate pilots with all the credentials and
uniforms and proper certificates! And the part about ridiculing the
"TSA Flunkie"...didn't this guy just rant about the 'liberal
detractors' who don't take this war seriously? Hmmm...it would seem
that he himself is a liberal detractor.

I love how the guy justifies his position by claiming he "dodged a
bullet". Yep, his opinion is much more valid than anyone else's,
because a terrorist sat in his jumpseat, aroused suspicion, and the
author did nothing about it...but at least "a higher power" saved him
and his friends from that hijacker and killed off all those other
people instead.

Not enough eye-rolling in the world could properly express my true
sentiments.

Old September 11th 06, 09:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gary Drescher

"Orval Fairbairn" wrote in message
news
The scenario appears credible

Did it strike you as credible that the alleged event escaped the attention
of all 9/11 investigators for the past five years, but suddenly came to
light now via an unverifiable Internet chain-mail laden with a right-wing
political message?

--Gary

Old September 11th 06, 11:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Matt Whiting

Orval Fairbairn wrote:

I received this as part of Gary Wiblins' (So.
Africa) Aviation Safety email:

It is truly chilling!

Chilling and almost certainly fabricated.

Matt
Old September 11th 06, 11:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
george

Matt Whiting wrote:
Orval Fairbairn wrote:

I received this as part of Gary Wiblins' (So.
Africa) Aviation Safety email:

It is truly chilling!

Chilling and almost certainly fabricated.

I loved the bit about how an airline pilot in the US has to have US
citizenship..
I have a couple of friends occupying left and right seats who are NOT
American by birth or citizenship...

Old September 12th 06, 12:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
John Galban

Orval Fairbairn wrote:
I received this as part of Gary Wiblins' (So.
Africa) Aviation Safety email:

It is truly chilling!

It's truly chilling to see the lengths that some people will go to
for a little attention.

John Galban=====N4BQ(PA28-180)