Simulators

Old May 26th 10, 01:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Simulators

On May 25, 3:30*pm, terry wrote:

And your qualifications are what ? *( since we are in an aviation
forum, could you start with your aviation quals please please?)

Ohhh, I so anxiously await Mx's reply LOL

We know he is not a pilot by FAA standards
We know he is not a CGI
We know he pretends to be something he is not (pilot)

In spite of HIS opinions, the above are simply facts that he wishes he
can disprove and yet has not done so.
Old May 31st 10, 03:17 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Morgans[_2_]

"Stephen!" wrote in message
"birdog" wrote in :

Unless convinced otherwise, I can't see pilots EVER stepping directly
from a sim into the left seat.

I did just that (except it was the appropriate right seat) in an R-22.
After five hours in the non-motion sim, I was hovering, unassisted, on my
very first flight.

And the make and model of the simulator is?

Had you had previous pilot training of any type?

How much time riding in helios?
--
Jim in NC

Old June 1st 10, 07:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On Jun 1, 10:25*am, "Stephen!" wrote:

* Not relavent. *Glider, ASEL, and ASES ratings have nothing to compare
with flying a helicopter. *Completely different ball of wax. *As a matter
of fact, some of the "immediate action" actions are completely opposite
of fixed wing aircraft. *

Your past experience is fully relevant.

Lets go this route. Could you learn from MSFS 5 hours for your rotor
rating and go out and PROFICIENTLY fly a helicopter WITHOUT any REAL
world flying experiences? Be honest about this.

I seriously doubt it.
Old June 2nd 10, 03:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On Jun 1, 8:23*pm, "Stephen!" wrote:

Lets go this route. *Could you learn from MSFS 5 hours for your rotor
rating and go out and PROFICIENTLY fly a helicopter WITHOUT any REAL
world flying experiences? *Be honest about this.

* Who said anything about MSFS? *I said "simulator". *I even provided you
the make and model. *Nice try, though.

This whole thread is about computer DESKTOP simulators if you even
took the time to read through it..

Again, I ask you as you have not answered my question, could you fly a
helicopter based on 5 hours on a non motion simulator WITHOUT ANY real
world flying?

I still say the answer is no and your real world flying experience
accelerated where you are, not SOLELY based on your sim time.
Old June 3rd 10, 01:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On Jun 2, 11:06*pm, "Stephen!" wrote:

*None of that had any relevance to flying *ANY*
fixed wing aircraft. *

I know this. I have been told hovering is like standing on a beach
ball with your eyes closed. But physical sensation of flight is the
same whether you be in a helicoptor or a fixed wing. You can't ignore
that in the real world. So, in spite of your denial, your past flight
experiences are relevent.

I could *NOT* have done that without the five hours
in the Frasca.

I know this too.

You are a bunch of bunk if you think someone without REAL WORLD flight
experience can get into a Frasca non motion simulator, work it for 5
hours, walk out to the ramp and PROFICIENTLY go fly a REAL helicoptor
WITHOUT any type of real world flying experiences experiencing the
sensation of flight. Operative word is PROFICIENT. Anybody can shake
the stick or rudder around and even get beginners luck.

Next think I bet you will say is that you can conduct flight in IMC in
the real world based on MSFS experiences and no real world flight
experience. Same concept, just t'waint going to happen..

But if you wish to brag that you are superman or the next Hoover,
carry on, I won't stop you. :-)

Over and out...
Old June 3rd 10, 01:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On Jun 2, 11:06*pm, "Stephen!" wrote:

* If *YOU* took the time to read the original post by 'birdog' you'd relize
how full of crap you are with that statement... *Birdog's question was
directly toward "top line simulators". *MSFS has never been a 'top line
simulator'.

You are just like Mx.

Reading comprehension must not be your forte as birdog comment WAS NOT
directed toward top line simulators.

Sure looks like MSFS in his first paragraph quoted below
Sure looks like he discounted top line simulators in the second
paragraph quoted below
Sure looks like he agrees with me on the third paragraph quoted below.
(Guess for helicoptors he should have put right seat)

Segments copied from Birdog's original post quoted below to refresh
your memory.

"Some years ago I bought a Microsoft simulator, played with it a while
and
relegated it to a young friend. I'll say this - I wish I had this when
first started chasing instruments for certification"

"Don't know the present reality status of top line simulaters, but
recovery
from unusual attitudes involves more than just manipulating the
controls.
How one reacts psycologically to suddenly looking straight at the
ground, or
the sudden appearence of the inverted treeline is a big factor"

Old June 6th 10, 02:26 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Peter Dohm

"Stephen!" wrote in message
" wrote in news:e8f2d96c-76dd-474f-
:

You are a bunch of bunk if you think someone without REAL WORLD flight
experience can get into a Frasca non motion simulator, work it for 5
hours, walk out to the ramp and PROFICIENTLY go fly a REAL helicoptor
WITHOUT any type of real world flying experiences experiencing the
sensation of flight. Operative word is PROFICIENT.

You seem to be the only one using that word. Quit trying to stuff it
into my mouth. I never once said I was proficient. Now... Admit you
were
wrong and get on with the rest of your life.

Next think I bet you will say is that you can conduct flight in IMC in
the real world based on MSFS experiences and no real world flight
experience.

*YOU* are the only one that keeps trying to drag MSFS into this. Again,
admit you were wrong and quit making yourself look like an idiot.

--
RCOS #7
IBA# 11465

Oh, Please!!

The only reason that anyone is dragging MSFS into this, or anything even
remotely related to aviation, is the existence (and persistence) of another
frequent contributor who asserts that MSFS is the same as realtity--only
better--which is about as stupid as saying that reality is a crutch for
people who can't handle drugs.

Any, and all, of us could go on and on; but I'm sure that you get the idea.

In any case, the Frasca sim is a lot of steps above MSFS, and I've been
offered a couple of hours in one configured as a Cessna 172--and I plan to
make good use of it!

All the best,
Peter

Old June 6th 10, 02:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Peter Dohm

"Stephen!" wrote in message
" wrote in news:ffbf8848-5a20-47b6-
:

You are just like Mx.

Do go find somewhere to **** off, retard.

--
RCOS #7
IBA# 11465

I appologize to one and all, for failing to read to the end of the thread
before responding.

Old June 6th 10, 04:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Morgans[_2_]

"Peter Dohm" wrote

Oh, Please!!

The only reason that anyone is dragging MSFS into this, or anything even
remotely related to aviation, is the existence (and persistence) of
another frequent contributor who asserts that MSFS is the same as
realtity--only better--which is about as stupid as saying that reality is
a crutch for people who can't handle drugs.

Exactly my point. I was relatively sure that the simulator in question was
well above MSFS, but at the time I didn't know what the simulator type was
that had been used.
--
Jim in NC

Old June 6th 10, 02:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
a[_3_]

On Jun 5, 11:39*pm, "Morgans" wrote:
"Peter Dohm" wrote

Oh, Please!!

The only reason that anyone is dragging MSFS into this, or anything even
remotely related to aviation, is the existence (and persistence) of
another frequent contributor who asserts that MSFS is the same as
realtity--only better--which is about as stupid as saying that reality is
a crutch for people who can't handle drugs.

Exactly my point. *I was relatively sure that the simulator in question was
well above MSFS, but at the time I didn't know what the simulator type was
that had been used.
--
Jim in NC

There's another component to this sim question. I think pilots often
use them, including MSFS, for training purposes -- beyond the edge of
the envelop kinds of things, or as a way of gaining an initial
familiarization with an airplane's panel. My pilot friends and I have
coined a phrase when one of us updates our instrumentation -- "Panel
Envy" -- and it might actually be good to test fly a new gadget in a
sim if you can't get behind a real one in an airplane.

Our resident most frequent poster has written about sitting at his
desk as PIC watching an entire flight simulated under automatic/
autopilot control, for God's sake. It can't be true, but I seem to
remember him writing about enduring gate holds or traffic delays too.
I'd find simming an entire flight mind numbing, but he in a recent
thread talked about doing it from before start check list and "Clear"
to tie down. That experience makes him, he has claimed, something of
an expert. I am reminded of the definition of 'expert', one has to
take the word apart to understand it. An Ex is a has been, and a spurt
is a drip under pressure. He's not an Ex, he's a 'never was'. Worse
than that, the attitude most of us perceive turned many against sims
in general, as evidenced in other threads here.

If you've read other of my comments, this may make you smile. It's VFR
here, but I think we'll go flying anyway.

Simulators Birdog Piloting 33 March 9th 09 10:46 PM
PC IFR simulators Nick Kliewer Instrument Flight Rules 20 November 2nd 06 08:16 AM
Simulators [email protected] Simulators 1 October 20th 04 09:12 PM
IFR simulators Tony Owning 8 October 27th 03 08:42 PM
IFR simulators Richard Kaplan Instrument Flight Rules 3 July 24th 03 03:53 AM