Myth: 1 G barrel rolls are impossible.

Old June 13th 07, 01:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_2_]

Default Myth: 1 G barrel rolls are impossible.

Bob Moore wrote in
46.128:

Bertie the Bunyip wrote

For PAA or GAA?

GAA....Came there from the Chief Pilot job at Aero Airways in
Miami. Had maintenance and fuel problems there with the owner.

No! I've never heard of such a thing in aviation! Especailly in Miami!

Bertie
Old June 13th 07, 01:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dudley Henriques

On 2007-06-12 19:48:43 -0400, Bertie the Bunyip said:

Dudley Henriques wrote in

On 2007-06-12 19:20:16 -0400, Bertie the Bunyip
said:

Dudley Henriques wrote in

On 2007-06-12 19:03:46 -0400, Bertie the Bunyip
said:

I rode on them once. Never have I met a woman more deserving of the
title "broad" than their #1.

That would be Carol Bowersox I'll bet. Carol was chief stew in
charge of training and one HELL of a woman :-))

Well, they were all pretty, um, "Brooklynish".

I got a free drink on the airline due to a massive delay. whe I went
up to the Stew's station looking for another I found her slumped in
her seat, shoes off, her feet parked up on the bulkhead in front of
her doing her nails.
"May I have another G&T", says I.
"Yeh,, it's an da lockah down dere, get it yerself, two bucks" Says
she.

Classy.

I also remember that whoever was driving (DC-8) was the coarsest
pilot on the stick I had ever been behind (I've met worse since) all
manuevering was done with an ey to moving the airplane as quickly as
possible to the bank/pitch desired.. It was like being in space
mountain..

Bertie

Yeah, the girls could be a bit "laid back" at times :-))

Sounds like one of the stretch 8's you were in. If I recall, that
bird had a double rotation bug on the ADI requiring an initial
rotation, then another to avoid nailing the tail on takeoff. The
Capitol guys did catch the tail a few times as I remember :-))

Mm, wouldn't be surprised. It was a stretch 8, allright. no partitions,
either. You could clearly see the fuselage flex from the inside during
rotation..

They had some good drivers and some bad ones like every outfit I
guess. I know Jack Selby was one of the best sticks I ever flew with.
Jack was Capitol's CP, and Gus Musante was also very good.
Gus had a Ryan PT22 that was beautifully restored. If you could fly
that thing without breaking your neck, you could fly anything.
Dudley

I have flown one of those without breaking my neck!

Didn';t do the guy that built the GeeBee E replica any good, though. He
got a PT 22 checkout and then bent his airplane on his very first flight
in it (after Delmar Benjiman pronounced it sound) I think the guy's name
was Crosby who built it.

I liked the Ryan. There as an STA at Van Sant also, but I never was
invited to fly it..

Bertie

Bertie

Great airplanes and great times. I'd do it all over again the same way.
I guess the only thing I might change is to have the ability to see bad
things about to happen to people I knew and have them possibly listen
to me when I told them "Don't do that!"
Oh well...it was a great ride. The planes were hot and so were the girls.
I carried a Teddy Bear with me in the right gun bay of the Mustang
along with a change of clothes for those damn rubber chicken dinners we
always had to attend at the show sites on Saturday nights. That Teddy
Bear got me hooked up with more female company then you could ever
imagine.....well..that and borrowing one of the Blues flight jackets
once in a while :-))
I guess we've taken this thread away from the OP and have set a new
record for thread creep by this time ole' buddy.
Dudley

Old June 13th 07, 01:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_2_]

Dudley Henriques wrote in

On 2007-06-12 19:48:43 -0400, Bertie the Bunyip

On 2007-06-12 19:20:16 -0400, Bertie the Bunyip

On 2007-06-12 19:03:46 -0400, Bertie the Bunyip
said:

[...]

Yes. Fortunately noone ever bought it from not listening to me that I
know of, but certainly a couple of airplanes have been pranged that
way.. Not a lot of fun, that. The rest sure was (and stil is sometimes)
though..

Oh well...it was a great ride. The planes were hot and so were the
girls. I carried a Teddy Bear with me in the right gun bay of the
Mustang along with a change of clothes for those damn rubber chicken
dinners we always had to attend at the show sites on Saturday nights.
That Teddy Bear got me hooked up with more female company then you
could ever imagine.....well..that and borrowing one of the Blues
flight jackets once in a while :-))
I guess we've taken this thread away from

That'd probably do it! I only saw them fly a couple of times. Mostly in
the Phantoms, once with the F18s fairly recently.

I still fly with two teddy bears in my case... They don't get me any
action though..

the OP and have set a new
record for thread creep by this time ole' buddy.

Um, yep.

Old June 13th 07, 03:38 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gary[_2_]

Yes, that's right. Bob had a share in flying W. I only ever saw it from the
air, long closed. It's airplane shaped swimming pool a Hollywood Boulevard
style ghost of aviation as it once had been..

Bertie

The Flying W in New Jersey? It's still open--I flew in there for the
first time a month ago. The airplane-shaped swimming pool is still
still there as well. Pretty cool place.

http://www.flyingwairport.com/

Old June 13th 07, 04:38 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_2_]

Gary wrote in
oups.com:

Yes, that's right. Bob had a share in flying W. I only ever saw it
from the air, long closed. It's airplane shaped swimming pool a
Hollywood Boulevard style ghost of aviation as it once had been..

Bertie

The Flying W in New Jersey? It's still open--I flew in there for the
first time a month ago. The airplane-shaped swimming pool is still
still there as well. Pretty cool place.

Ah, OK. Not still opened, re-opened. It was closed for many many years.

Bertie
Old June 13th 07, 05:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Mxsmanic

Robert M. Gary writes:

Do you believe that a pilot at the top of a loop can experience
possitive G's?

Absolutely.
Old June 13th 07, 05:59 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Mxsmanic

Viperdoc writes:

Think about it- a roll on the vertical does not apply any g to the airplane.

Any change in direction accelerates the airplane, and thus applies Gs to it.

During a vertical roll there is no acceleration in the z or y axes.

Any change in direction accelerates the airplane.
Old June 13th 07, 06:38 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_2_]

Mxsmanic wrote in
:

Viperdoc writes:

Think about it- a roll on the vertical does not apply any g to the
airplane.

Any change in direction accelerates the airplane, and thus applies Gs
to it.

During a vertical roll there is no acceleration in the z or y axes.

Any change in direction accelerates the airplane.

You're a fjukktard

Bertie