How do you handle your EFB in the cockpit?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old November 9th 03, 07:47 PM
greg

Default How do you handle your EFB in the cockpit?

I'd like to know how most people handle using their tablet PC based
EFBs in the cockpit.

I'm trying to figure out the best way to mount or hold my Fujitsu LT
C-500 tablet for viewing approach plates using JeppView Flightdeck
(Cessna 182). I currently have the tablet and all the necessary RAM
mounting hardware to mount it off the yoke. However the combined
weight of the whole package is about 4 1/2 lbs. 4 1/2 lbs on the yoke
isn't a good idea is it? Removing the battery and just running off the
DC adapter brings it down to 4 lbs- still heavy & no power backup.

Has anyone had success just strapping one of these PCs to your knee?
Seems like the viewing angle would become a problem..?

Also I'm a rental pilot so a portable installation is my goal.

Any thoughts at all on the matter would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Greg Gladstone