Things you cannot say without raising security concerns...

Old June 17th 07, 08:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Montblack

Default Things you cannot say without raising security concerns...

wrote)
He's dead... firing squad shot him!

You see? This is why it drives me nuts when they card 50 year-olds for beer
or cigs. I tried to tell everyone what it would eventually lead to: blah,
blah, blah, "just following company policy," blah, blah ...but would anyone
listen to me? No!

And now this pilot's been shot. Dead.

Well, I hope you're all quite pleased with yourselves.

Paul-Mont
"My dear fellow! This isn't Spain ... this is England!"
A Man For All Seasons (1966)
Winner of six Academy Awards - including Best Picture

Old June 17th 07, 02:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Blueskies

"Montblack" wrote in message ...
wrote)
He's dead... firing squad shot him!

You see? This is why it drives me nuts when they card 50 year-olds for beer or cigs. I tried to tell everyone what it
would eventually lead to: blah, blah, blah, "just following company policy," blah, blah ...but would anyone listen to
me? No!

And now this pilot's been shot. Dead.

Well, I hope you're all quite pleased with yourselves.

Paul-Mont
"My dear fellow! This isn't Spain ... this is England!"
A Man For All Seasons (1966)
Winner of six Academy Awards - including Best Picture

The king is dead...Long live the king!

Old June 17th 07, 06:54 PM posted to alt.usenet.kooks,alt.alien.vampire.flonk.flonk.flonk,alt.disasters.aviation,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Chris W

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
Mxsmanic wrote in
:

john smith writes:

Be careful what you say and to whom you say it, it is likely to be
interpreted out of context.

Instead of cowering under the bed, you might want to work hard to
protect your freedom of speech. "Watching what you say" essentially
throws that freedom away.

A code you live by, obviously.

Don't be ridiculous. Choosing your words carefully in sensitive
situations, so as not to be misunderstood, has NOTHING to do with free
speech.

--
Chris W
KE5GIX

"Protect your digital freedom and privacy, eliminate DRM,
learn more at http://www.defectivebydesign.org/what_is_drm"

Gift Giving Made Easy
Get the gifts you want &
give the gifts they want
One stop wish list for any gift,
from anywhere, for any occasion!
http://thewishzone.com
Old June 17th 07, 11:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Andrew Gideon

On Thu, 14 Jun 2007 12:58:57 -0400, john smith wrote:

The answer to the question: "I'm here to shoot a pilot."

I've a number of friends that are actors, and one flew out to LA for a
period of time a while back. When I asked him why he'd be away, he said
he wanted to be out there for "pilot season".

I told him to let me know when it was over; that I'd be hiding under my
bed until then.

- Andrew

Old June 18th 07, 07:47 AM posted to alt.usenet.kooks,alt.alien.vampire.flonk.flonk.flonk,alt.disasters.aviation,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Mxsmanic

Chris W writes:

Don't be ridiculous. Choosing your words carefully in sensitive
situations, so as not to be misunderstood, has NOTHING to do with free
speech.

Choosing your words carefully is essentially censorship. While there might be
_extremely limited_ circumstances in which such censorship might be justified,
engaging in it just to protect yourself from a government that is no longer
willing to respect your freedom is a very dangerous choice. What you don't
use, you lose, and faster than you might think.
Old June 18th 07, 07:53 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]

Mxsmanic wrote in
:

Chris W writes:

Don't be ridiculous. Choosing your words carefully in sensitive
situations, so as not to be misunderstood, has NOTHING to do with
free speech.

Choosing your words carefully is essentially censorship.

No it isn't, autisitc boi

Bertie
Old June 18th 07, 03:45 PM posted to alt.usenet.kooks,alt.alien.vampire.flonk.flonk.flonk,alt.disasters.aviation,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
El Maximo

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message

Choosing your words carefully is essentially censorship.

You've got some pretty strange definitions there, Anthony.

Old June 26th 07, 09:58 PM posted to alt.usenet.kooks,alt.alien.vampire.flonk.flonk.flonk,alt.disasters.aviation,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student

On Jun 18, 2:47 am, Mxsmanic wrote:
Chris W writes:
Don't be ridiculous. Choosing your words carefully in sensitive
situations, so as not to be misunderstood, has NOTHING to do with free
speech.

Choosing your words carefully is essentially censorship. While there might be

If you and your children were at your grandmother's house for
Thanksgiving dinner, would you say, "Hey Ganny, Pass the ****ing
butter"?

Watching what you say in various settings is good judgement, not
censorship.

Old June 27th 07, 02:14 AM posted to alt.usenet.kooks,alt.alien.vampire.flonk.flonk.flonk,alt.disasters.aviation,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
El Maximo

wrote in message
oups.com...

If you and your children were at your grandmother's house for
Thanksgiving dinner, would you say, "Hey Ganny, Pass the ****ing
butter"?

Happens every time someone finished basic training in time for Thanksgiving.

Old June 27th 07, 03:34 AM posted to alt.usenet.kooks,alt.alien.vampire.flonk.flonk.flonk,alt.disasters.aviation,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
John Mazor[_2_]

oups.com...
Chris W writes:
Don't be ridiculous. Choosing your words carefully in
sensitive
situations, so as not to be misunderstood, has NOTHING
to do with free speech.

Choosing your words carefully is essentially censorship.
While there might be

If you and your children were at your grandmother's house
for
Thanksgiving dinner, would you say, "Hey Ganny, Pass the
****ing butter"?

Watching what you say in various settings is good
judgement, not censorship.

Actually, it's not hard to imagine MaxManiac saying that.

And then arguing back when she reprimanded him.

ASW 15 and concerns [email protected] Soaring 5 April 14th 07 03:11 AM
Any concerns using SuperFlite System I? Michael Horowitz Home Built 1 November 6th 06 04:50 PM
F-35's Costs Climb Along With Concerns Seawolf Naval Aviation 87 May 9th 06 09:30 PM
Fund Raising [email protected] Soaring 1 July 5th 05 06:04 PM
Reprise - Oxygen concerns Neptune Soaring 20 May 27th 04 03:27 PM