Soaring near Paris, France (Not Texas :-)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old November 2nd 04, 06:08 PM
Robert Ehrlich

Andre Volant wrote:

Village BEYNES is located about 30km W-SW of Paris, about 10km NW from
Versaille. Gliderport BEYNES is less then 1km E of that village.

BEYNES-Thiverval
Tel Aéro : 01 34 89 10 05
http://www.cab.asso.fr

They have comercial operation and clubs.

No commercial operation here now.

... I had a check ride there by French instructor who did not
speak English and I did not speak French.

Things changed since that time: I had during this summer a Saudian student
who didn't speak French and was very happy whith my English. Years of
newsgroup reading and somtimes posting helped me to become familiar with
our technical vocabulary. However I don't know if a native english speaker
would appreciate my English in the same way.

Hey guys help out with a basic French that is needed for this
adventure!
Basic French phrazes that an american may need meeting atractive
french lady, like...
"are you alone?"=
"are you lonely?"=
"Let's have some fun!"=
"may I see you after work?"=

Anyway it doesn't work :-(

just in case ;-), just use your immagination and help out...
also words and phrazes handy at the gliderport.
"Let's have some fun!"=

Don't need to say it, it is obvious

"How much is 1000 meters tow?"=

Combien coute un remorqué à mille mètres ?

"pull release" =

Largue
Tire la poignée jaune.

"watch your speed"=

Attention à ta vitesse

"I got it!" =

Je l'ai
C'est moi qui l'ai
Je prends les commandes
A moi les commandes

"You got it!"= Hey, it helps to know who is flying!

Tu l'as
C'est toi qui l'as
Tu as les commandes
A toi les commandes

"we are too far from the airport!"=

Nous somme trop loin du terrain !

"let me have it"=

Laisse le moi

"we are too high"=

Nous sommes trop haut

"gear down"=

sors le train
train sorti
(depending on the meaning: 1st item means "put the gear down", 2nd "the gear is down")

"gear up"=

rentre le train
train rentré