why my plane stalls

Old August 12th 05, 05:31 PM
Grandss

Default why my plane stalls

Ok if someone could explain me that, I will be very happy

I have a simulator, if i pitch up OK, but if I pitch down, my plane
stalls and i don't understand why.

thank's
Old August 12th 05, 05:54 PM
Ron Garret

In article , Grandss grandss@nospam wrote:

Ok if someone could explain me that, I will be very happy

I have a simulator, if i pitch up OK, but if I pitch down, my plane
stalls and i don't understand why.

Your simulator is broken (or you have not described the situation
accurately).

rg
Old August 12th 05, 05:58 PM
Gary Drescher

"Grandss" grandss@nospam wrote in message ...
Ok if someone could explain me that, I will be very happy

I have a simulator, if i pitch up OK, but if I pitch down, my plane stalls
and i don't understand why.

It should be just the opposite: pitching up too far can cause a stall, but
pitching down is supposed to *recover* from a stall.

So there are two possibilities. Either the simulator is flawed, or else
you're mistaken to think that the plane is stalling when you pitch down. Can
you tell us exactly what the plane does that leads you to conclude that it
is stalling?

--Gary

Old August 12th 05, 06:08 PM
Andrew Gideon

Grandss wrote:

I have a simulator, if i pitch up OK, but if I pitch down, my plane
stalls and i don't understand why.

You're inverted.

- Andrew

Old August 12th 05, 06:54 PM
Grandss

Gary Drescher a écrit :
"Grandss" grandss@nospam wrote in message ...

Ok if someone could explain me that, I will be very happy

I have a simulator, if i pitch up OK, but if I pitch down, my plane stalls
and i don't understand why.

It should be just the opposite: pitching up too far can cause a stall, but
pitching down is supposed to *recover* from a stall.

So there are two possibilities. Either the simulator is flawed, or else
you're mistaken to think that the plane is stalling when you pitch down. Can
you tell us exactly what the plane does that leads you to conclude that it
is stalling?

--Gary

Hi,

plane stalls really when i pitch down.
I'm not sure to know exactly how it have been determined but i try to
explain.
A plane stalls in my case if liftcoefficent for a cambered airfoil with
a plan trailing edge flap is equals to zero.
Flaps to calc. liftcoefficient are landing flaps and ailerons.

Old August 12th 05, 07:31 PM
TripFarmer

Bottle to Throttle..........8 hours.

In article , grandss@nospam says...

Old August 12th 05, 09:48 PM
Dan Luke

"TripFarmer" wrote:

Bottle to Throttle..........8 hours.

hee-hee!

Old August 13th 05, 12:26 AM
george

Grandss wrote:
Gary Drescher a =E9crit :
[...]

Go to your local aero club or flying school.
Get into a REAL aeroplane with an instructor and find out what happens
when you pitch the nose down.
And don't use terms that you don't understand....

Old August 13th 05, 12:31 AM
Greg Farris

In article , grandss@nospam says...

Ok if someone could explain me that, I will be very happy

I have a simulator, if i pitch up OK, but if I pitch down, my plane
stalls and i don't understand why.

thank's

Please don't call it a plane.
Readers here may take it badly, present company included.

Old August 13th 05, 12:42 AM

If you're on a simulator, maybe your joystick or yolk is set up
incorrectly? (pitch reversed).

As anyone on this group will tell you in an instant, stalling is not
about pitch *per se*, but angle of attack. That said, one pulls up to
case a stall, and pushes down to get out of one -- unless you're
inverted, or your controls are rigged backwards (which, unfortunately,
has been known to happen).

-- dave j