Who got the Colorado DG-505?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 4th 11, 09:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Kuykendall

Default Who got the Colorado DG-505?

Just curious if anybody on this forum knows who won the salvage
bidding for the DG-505 that hit a fencepost in Colorado:

http://www.aigaviation.com/aviations...x?faano=N505KK

It's cool if nobody wants to fess up, I'm just curious.

That wing looks like it might be repairable, but it would take some
careful and clever work, and it might take more time than is
economical. I'd imagine you would have to scarf out a couple or three
feet of wing spar each side of the break.

The last I heard, DG wasn't in a position to make a new DG500-series
wing; they have moved on to the DG1000. So if you wanted a new wing it
had to come from their subcontractor AMS.

Thanks, Bob K.

Mid-air collision over Colorado Jeff none Piloting 4 October 27th 08 11:58 AM
From Colorado Springs Steven Smith Soaring 0 August 1st 07 02:02 PM
I'm going to be in Colorado this summer Gig 601XL Builder Piloting 18 April 6th 07 12:09 AM
Colorado CAP searches Kev Piloting 11 January 4th 07 11:06 PM
FS: Mosquito in Colorado Shawn Soaring 0 January 7th 06 05:52 AM