"Merry Christmas" and "Thank You" to the NG

Old December 17th 04, 08:55 PM
Icebound

Default "Merry Christmas" and "Thank You" to the NG

I have been around here for a few years, and today I would like to extend my
special thanks to the participants of these newsgroups. In spite of the
sometimes bizarre politics and occasional outright hostility, there was
still plenty here to help inspire me....

.... so this year I started flight training...

.....and today for the first time, the Instructor saw fit to remove himself
from the right hand seat, and allow me one take-off, which I managed to
"equate with the same number of landings on the same piece of pavement,
followed by returning the airplane in a sufficiently serviceable condition
such that it could be used again".... as someone once put it.

They might let me do again, sometime soon.

I am a little embarrassed by the number of dual circuit hours to this
point... but I don't think that it will increase the national average by too
much :-)

Old December 17th 04, 09:06 PM
Jay Beckman

"Icebound" wrote in message
[...]

Way to go Icebound!!!

Congrats and have fun with the next phase...cross country flying!!

Jay Beckman
PP-ASEL
Chandler, AZ

Old December 17th 04, 10:10 PM
Mark Hansen

On 12/17/2004 12:55, Icebound wrote:

I have been around here for a few years, and today I would like to extend my
special thanks to the participants of these newsgroups. In spite of the
sometimes bizarre politics and occasional outright hostility, there was
still plenty here to help inspire me....

... so this year I started flight training...

....and today for the first time, the Instructor saw fit to remove himself
from the right hand seat, and allow me one take-off, which I managed to
"equate with the same number of landings on the same piece of pavement,
followed by returning the airplane in a sufficiently serviceable condition
such that it could be used again".... as someone once put it.

That's a good one. My instructor once said that my landings were
"... within mechanical tolerances."

They might let me do again, sometime soon.

The sooner the better.

I am a little embarrassed by the number of dual circuit hours to this
point... but I don't think that it will increase the national average by too
much :-)

Eh... don't be. It's different for everyone. There comes a point when
your head and your hands/feet finally get it - and then they seem to
work out from them on.

Don't get me wrong, though - like everyone else, you'll be working
the rest of your life to improve your landings; but now you have
the basics and can begin practicing.

Congratulations and have fun!

--
Mark Hansen
PP-ASEL, C-172M/G
Old December 17th 04, 11:09 PM
Jack Allison

Congratulations!!!! Now, there's a wonderful early Christmas present.

--
Jack Allison
PP-ASEL, IA Student, airplane partnership student

you will always long to return"
- Leonardo Da Vinci

Old December 17th 04, 11:14 PM
PJ Hunt

I just tell people they need to download some more memory off the internet.

They could try www.downloadfreememoryhere.com

If they are all out of memory at that site, I offer to email them some.

PJ

Here's to the duck who swam a lake and never lost a feather,
May sometime another year, we all be back together.
JJW

Old December 18th 04, 12:45 AM
Mike Rapoport

"Mark Hansen" wrote in message
[...]

Mine ultimately decided that it is better to scare one person than two...

Mike
MU-2

Old December 18th 04, 02:37 AM
Jase Vanover

Fantastic! Congratulations. I'm another "soontabee" who just started
training. Looking forward to my first solo. Keep that plane in
"serviceable condition" and keep at it!