Busting airspace question

Old February 1st 07, 10:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
alice

Default Busting airspace question

On Feb 1, 2:18 pm, "Steve Foley" wrote:
"alice" wrote in message
Who was this pilots attorney?

There's no way I'm paying a lawyer to fight a 30 day suspension.

Was this person you?The problem is that you dont know what the penalty
is before hand.If you get a letter of investigation it would be a good
idea to talk to your attorney.Its like the old saying "Anyone who
provides his own legal counsel has a fool for a client"

I hope you dont teach your students this! You cant enter class B

He pretty clearly said class C - as in Charlie.

Actualy, he didnt say what the suspension was for.Besides, his
asumption that you just use flight following to absolve yourself of
airspace worries is kind of silly.

Old February 1st 07, 10:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
C J Campbell

On Thu, 1 Feb 2007 14:39:24 -0800, Robert Chambers wrote
(in article ):

So fly to a non towered airport, do a low approach, turn off the
transponder and fly home at treetop level. Make sure you put your foil
helmet on and watch out for black helicopters.

Well, that is what I always do. Except for the foil helmet. My bald head is
already plenty reflective enough.

--
Waddling Eagle
World Famous Flight Instructor

Old February 1st 07, 11:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Gig 601XL Builder writes:

Radar

How does radar prove it?

Old February 1st 07, 11:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
NW_Pilot

"Steve Foley" wrote in message
"alice" wrote in message
Who was this pilots attorney?

There's no way I'm paying a lawyer to fight a 30 day suspension.

Yea, I agree 30 days of no flying or pay an attorney thousands of dollars
take time to go to court etc.? I'd take the 30 days!

Old February 2nd 07, 12:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gary[_2_]

On Feb 1, 6:02 pm, Mxsmanic wrote:
Gig 601XL Builder writes:
Radar

How does radar prove it?

RADAR is an acronym for Radio Detection and Ranging. The Ranging
part pretty well covers postion determination. Do some reading on
Wikpedia or somewhere--lotsa sources can explain Radar for you.

Old February 2nd 07, 01:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Grumman-581[_1_]

NW_Pilot wrote:
Yea, I agree 30 days of no flying or pay an attorney thousands of dollars
take time to go to court etc.? I'd take the 30 days!

And then keep flying *anyway*... Hell, who the **** do they think they
are telling me I can't fly my own plane?
Old February 2nd 07, 01:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Alan Gerber

Robert M. Gary wrote:
A friend of mine got a 30 day suspension and a bad record for 5 years
on his solo cross country. Personally, I require my students to use
flight following in case they get into the class C by mistake.

My instructor solved this a different way: I got into the class C
airspace on purpose. My second cross-country solo was to a class C airport.

.... Alan
--
Alan Gerber
PP-ASEL
Old February 2nd 07, 01:29 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Alan Gerber

alice wrote:
How does using flight following absolve you from guilt when you
violate a reg?

It doesn't absolve you. It increases the odds that you won't enter the
airspace inadvertantly, and there's a chance they'll clear you without you
even asking for it. (And, for class C, you're already talking with them,
so there's no violation.)

.... Alan
--
Alan Gerber
PP-ASEL
Old February 2nd 07, 01:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Alan Gerber

B A R R Y wrote:
You certainly can bust Bravo with a flight following. Some controllers
are very good and professional about helping you not bust it. Others
might be too busy, not care, or on that rare occasion, devious, but it's
up to the pilot to make sure clearance is granted.

On my first cross-country solo, the controller cleared me into the Bravo
without me asking for it. (My home airport is underneath the shelf.)

I didn't actually enter the Bravo, since I was a student at the time, but
this is an example of the controller helping you. :-)

.... Alan
--
Alan Gerber
PP-ASEL
Old February 2nd 07, 02:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Sylvain

Mxsmanic wrote:

Radar

How does radar prove it?

Pretty much the same way busting a traffic law
right under a police officer's nose does it.
Besides they do keep a record as well.

--Sylvain