Tricky examiners

Old January 7th 08, 07:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]

Default Tricky examiners

"Mortimer Schnerd, RN" mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com wrote in
:

Dudley Henriques wrote:
Lots of NDB's down in SA. I have to admit though that it was the
thought of flying over that damn jungle every day that worried me. I
never did find out if that job went through or who if anyone took it.
The P38 that was involved ended up here in the states somewhere I
believe and went to a private owner.

Speaking of crappy jobs not taken, I remember seeing one years ago
involving an "armored T-28" for thunderstorm and hail research in the
midwestern United States in the Trade-A-Plane. I was actually
thinking about it until I got to the part about the "$10,000 bonus if
you complete the contract". Hmmmmm....

That might have been fun. I've been shredded by hail It was no fun. But an
armoured airplane might ahve been.

Bertie
Old January 7th 08, 09:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dallas

On Mon, 07 Jan 2008 09:35:30 -0600, Gig601XLBuilder wrote:

While I agree aren't you actually required to if he asks?

I can answer that, having just studied the answer for the verbal portion of
the checkride.

You are required to show your pilot's license to anyone in authority who
asks to see it. The key word here is "show", you do not have to
"surrender" the license.

If you hand it over to a police officer, he is not required to give it back
to you. Either hold it while he reads it or in the presence of witnesses
say, "I am obliged to give you my licence for purposes of examination, but
in no way is this action to be interpreted as my surrendering my license."

Without witnesses, you'd better hold on to it with both hands while he
reads it.
--
Dallas
Old January 7th 08, 09:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Gig601XLBuilder writes:

You have just made a statement saying one or more DPE are excepting
bribes to bass students.

I did not say that, and I'm not sure how it's relevant here.
Old January 7th 08, 09:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]

Mxsmanic wrote in
:

Gig601XLBuilder writes:

You have just made a statement saying one or more DPE are excepting
bribes to bass students.

I did not say that, and I'm not sure how it's relevant here.

It is just as much as you are.

Bertie
Old January 7th 08, 09:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dudley Henriques[_2_]

Dallas wrote:
On Mon, 07 Jan 2008 09:35:30 -0600, Gig601XLBuilder wrote:

While I agree aren't you actually required to if he asks?

I can answer that, having just studied the answer for the verbal portion of
the checkride.

You are required to show your pilot's license to anyone in authority who
asks to see it. The key word here is "show", you do not have to
"surrender" the license.

If you hand it over to a police officer, he is not required to give it back
to you. Either hold it while he reads it or in the presence of witnesses
say, "I am obliged to give you my licence for purposes of examination, but
in no way is this action to be interpreted as my surrendering my license."

Without witnesses, you'd better hold on to it with both hands while he
reads it.

I knew a guy once who went through it the hard way. The FAA told him
that if you hold on to the certificate physically, they have to go
through the court system and hell and high water to take it from you,
but if you hand it over, it's YOU who have to go through the court
system and the burning fires of hell to get it back.
Wonderful system :-)))

--
Dudley Henriques
Old January 7th 08, 11:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gig601XLBuilder

Mxsmanic wrote:
Gig601XLBuilder writes:

You have just made a statement saying one or more DPE are excepting
bribes to bass students.

I did not say that, and I'm not sure how it's relevant here.

You most certainly did.
Old January 7th 08, 11:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dallas

On Mon, 07 Jan 2008 16:31:02 -0500, Dudley Henriques wrote:

The FAA told him that if you hold on to the certificate physically,
they have to go through the court system and hell and high water
to take it from you,

Good advice. If the FAA ever gets around to sending me the real plastic
one, I'll have a piercing shop just attach it to my ass.

That way if they ask to see it they'll get an extra thrill.

:- )

--
Dallas
Old January 8th 08, 01:49 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mortimer Schnerd, RN[_2_]

Dallas wrote:
The FAA told him that if you hold on to the certificate physically,
they have to go through the court system and hell and high water
to take it from you,

Good advice. If the FAA ever gets around to sending me the real plastic
one, I'll have a piercing shop just attach it to my ass.

That way if they ask to see it they'll get an extra thrill.

That may not be the best idea you ever had. You don't want to possibly get
gigged for having a ****ty attitude.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN
mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com

Old January 8th 08, 01:53 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dudley Henriques[_2_]

Mortimer Schnerd, RN wrote:
Dallas wrote:
The FAA told him that if you hold on to the certificate physically,
they have to go through the court system and hell and high water
to take it from you,

Good advice. If the FAA ever gets around to sending me the real plastic
one, I'll have a piercing shop just attach it to my ass.

That way if they ask to see it they'll get an extra thrill.

That may not be the best idea you ever had. You don't want to possibly get
gigged for having a ****ty attitude.

God, I'm sure glad I'm not the butt of this exchange!!

--
Dudley Henriques
Old January 8th 08, 03:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Margy Natalie

Dudley Henriques wrote:
Gig601XLBuilder wrote:

Dudley Henriques wrote:

Anyway...I won't tell you what it cost me, but FWIW, if a cop ever
asks to see your pilot's license, for God sake, don't show it to him
:-)))

While I agree aren't you actually required to if he asks?

Actually the answer to this would be yes, IF the request was an official
one made for an official purpose.
In this case, it was an obvious attempt at humor and being a smart ass
as I was, I supplied it. Bad ju ju in case you need to know :-))

I've also heard the story with another outcome. The cop laughed and
said "either slow down or gain altitude" and let the guy off.

Margy