report a near-collision to FBO owner?

Old January 6th 05, 04:17 PM
gatt

"Colin W Kingsbury" wrote in message
news:ziZCd.1521

Just out of curiosity, are you near a densely-populated area where people
need to know how to actually park their cars?

Pretty much. Portland, OR.

I live in Boston and always get a kick when watching some out-of-towner

trying to parallel park who obviously hasn't done so in at least ten years.
The relevance is that the
FBO I used to rent from in the area discouraged "driving in" to tiedowns

but
it was not really enforced and even all the instructors did it.

The FBO had no problem with it until the accident occured. Guess the owner
was generous enough to leave just enough rope out there for people to hang
themselves with, and finally somebody did. There's only a few spots where
you can't drive into because of the narrow space between parked airplanes
and a cyclone fence. Further down the line you can park however you want,
but there's a twin and a 182 there, so they have more experience pilots
handling those anyhow.

-c

Old January 6th 05, 04:18 PM
gatt

"MCT" wrote in message

If you're flying out of Gorge Winds, I was wondering if I could chat with
you offline, somehow. I train (well, used to, until finances hit) at that
school and had a few questions.

Sure! e-mail me at gatt @ juggerbot dot com.

-c

Old January 7th 05, 02:07 PM
Brooks Hagenow

C J Campbell wrote:
Report it to the FBO. But don't worry about the high wing passing over the
low wing. It is the natural order of things.

LOL!

Maybe I am easily amused but I think that "natural order of things"
comment is pretty good.