FlarmNet database download links removed

Old March 6th 15, 05:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Matt Herron Jr.

Default FlarmNet database download links removed

Anyone know why the FlarmNet download links have been temporarily removed, and when they will be restored?

BTW, this is an excellent time to REGISTER YOUR AIRCRAFT if you own a Flarm and have not yet done so. Follow the link he http://www.flarmnet.org/index.php/en/register-now

Thanks,

Matt H
Old March 6th 15, 12:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
joesimmers[_2_]

On another note with flarmnet, when you register you need
to enter either your Flarm ID number OR your Hexadecimal
from your aircraft.

If you have a transponder you need to enter the Hexadecimal.

For those with out transponder which do you enter?

I think if you have no transponder you need to enter the Flarm
ID instead of the Hexadecimal, but I have heard arguments for both
sides and it appears a lot of pilots are unsure, would be nice if we all
had this info entered correctly it is nice to see the glider ID of
whoever is showing up on your Flarm screen.
Old March 6th 15, 12:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Hi Joe,

I recommend entering the Mode S ID - regardless of whether you have a
transponder installed. I can't think of any reason not to. Every aircraft
in the U.S. has a Mode S ID assigned. You can find them using the links in
my PowerFLARM Tips document and at the top of my PowerFLARM page.
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com/flarm.htm
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com/flarm...FLARM-Tips.pdf

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.
______________________________________

Old March 6th 15, 02:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Friday, March 6, 2015 at 12:47:12 AM UTC-5, Matt Herron Jr. wrote:
Anyone know why the FlarmNet download links have been temporarily removed, and when they will be restored?

BTW, this is an excellent time to REGISTER YOUR AIRCRAFT if you own a Flarm and have not yet done so. Follow the link he http://www.flarmnet.org/index.php/en/register-now

Thanks,

Matt H

I am not sure I see the point in registering if no one can download and use the file. As it stands now, there is no FlarmNet file available to anyone.
Old March 6th 15, 02:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Daly[_2_]

I am not sure I see the point in registering if no one can download and use the file. As it stands now, there is no FlarmNet file available to anyone.

I just downloaded flarmnet data version 002ce9.

2D

Old March 6th 15, 03:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Peter Scholz[_3_]

Am 06.03.2015 um 06:46 schrieb Matt Herron Jr.:
Anyone know why the FlarmNet download links have been temporarily removed, and when they will be restored?

BTW, this is an excellent time to REGISTER YOUR AIRCRAFT if you own a Flarm and have not yet done so. Follow the link he http://www.flarmnet.org/index.php/en/register-now

Thanks,

Matt H

There has been a vivid discussion in Germany about the free use of the
Flarmnet data by third party applications (OGN tracking service). As a
result of this discussion, Flarmnet has temporarily withdrawn the data
formats that have no proper encryption of the data. The BFN format still
contains all data and will work with your Butterfly Display, but not
with LX, Naviter, XCSoar.

--
Peter Scholz
ASW24 JE

Old March 6th 15, 04:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Daly[_2_]

On Friday, March 6, 2015 at 10:44:21 AM UTC-5, Peter Scholz wrote:
[...]

Ah. I downloaded the .bfn file for my Butterfly.

(USA) FlarmNet usage 2NO Soaring 15 April 30th 13 11:58 AM
PF Portable and Flarmnet Andy[_1_] Soaring 0 October 5th 12 02:55 PM
FLARMnet file update Andy[_1_] Soaring 1 September 25th 12 06:59 PM
FlarmNet Brad[_2_] Soaring 6 August 26th 12 06:35 PM
DAFIF database to be removed from public domain André Somers Soaring 2 January 14th 05 04:10 PM