Reagan and AF"1"

Old June 16th 04, 11:05 AM
Cub Driver

On Tue, 15 Jun 2004 10:09:51 -0600, "Newps"
wrote:

Transportation at the time, Sam Skinner, showed up to visit UND. He toured
the tower so we got to meet. Then he went up in one of UND's CAP 10
aerobatic aircraft. His callsign was Transport 1,

It is touches like this that give many of us a low-grade, chronic,
enduring contempt for government and its people.

all the best -- Dan Ford
email: (put Cubdriver in subject line)

The Warbird's Forum
www.warbirdforum.com
The Piper Cub Forum www.pipercubforum.com
Viva Bush! weblog www.vivabush.org
Old June 16th 04, 02:08 PM
Bill Denton

I guess it's safe to assume that you have no real interest in communicating,
and that you have no facts to back up your Nixon assertion.

"Steven P. McNicoll" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Bill Denton" wrote in message

I see this lack frequently in your posts, or I wouldn't mention it.

I think the problem is on your end.

Remember the old journalist's mantra: Who, What, When, How, Were?

You only gave us "Nixon" and "non-military plane"...

Who: Nixon

What: Fly on something other than a military aircraft

When: During the Nixon administration

How: The same way other aircraft fly

We ?

Old June 16th 04, 02:20 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

"Bill Denton" wrote in message

I guess it's safe to assume that you have no real interest in

communicating,
and that you have no facts to back up your Nixon assertion.

I have my memory, I don't care if you don't believe me.

Old June 16th 04, 04:25 PM
Tom Sixkiller

"Steven P. McNicoll" wrote in message
news

"Bill Denton" wrote in message

I guess it's safe to assume that you have no real interest in

communicating,
and that you have no facts to back up your Nixon assertion.

But he has consensus, Bill; he don't need no stinkin' facts.

I have my memory, I don't care if you don't believe me.

Steven's memory is better than most peoples references.

Old June 16th 04, 05:02 PM
Bill Denton

What consensus? Steven is the only person I have seen make this claim about
Nixon.

And, assuming this story is true, it is not a story at all. It is simply a
recitation of a (single) fact. Without the details of why Nixon rode in a
civilian aircraft while President it is a zero-interest story.

As far as memory goes, I did radio news during the entirety of Nixon's
Presidency, and my interest in aviation is life-long. Had Nixon taken the
alleged ride I probably would remember it.

Finally, I spent about 15 minutes on Google earlier this morning and
couldn't find any reference to the flight.

I was not originally doubting Steven's veracity; I've seen more than one of
his cryptic posts.

But given a lack of supporting information, I just have to discard his
assertion...

news

Old June 16th 04, 05:07 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

[...]

Perhaps you'd have better success if you didn't go out of your way to be a
dickhead.

President Nixon once flew aboard a civil airliner from DC to California when
the oil crunch first hit. It was to show sympathy with the common folk. It
was well-covered by the media . I guess you're not much of a newsman.

Old June 16th 04, 05:22 PM

President Nixon once flew aboard a civil airliner from DC to California
when the oil crunch first hit. It was to show sympathy with the common
folk. It was well-covered by the media . I guess you're not much of a
newsman.

It was a flight on American Airlines as a PR stunt. That is all I could
dig up.

--
Mike Flyin'8
Old June 16th 04, 05:23 PM

President Nixon once flew aboard a civil airliner from DC to California
when the oil crunch first hit. It was to show sympathy with the common
folk. It was well-covered by the media . I guess you're not much of a
newsman.

It was a flight on American Airlines as a PR stunt. That is all I could
dig up.

And... AF1 flew directly behind the aircraft for the entire trip. I did
see the call sign for that flight, but I can not remember what it said.

--
Mike Flyin'8
Old June 16th 04, 05:45 PM
Bill Denton

Why didn't you simply include that information in your originals post? None
of this would have become an issue.