Replacement altimeter suggestions

Old September 27th 06, 02:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Replacement altimeter suggestions

All I can say is, "CRAP!" The altimeter didn't quite pass the IFR
certification. It had some "erratic" movement, required lots of tapping, and then
would bounce back and forth between the acceptable error limits for the certification.
A couple altitudes were over the limit.

The guy doing the certification said that the altimeter is some off-brand one
that probably cannot be overhauled. (I don't have the nametag in front of me at the
moment). Any ideas on what would be a good place and a good unit to get? He assured
me that so long as it had a calibration sheet with it, the IFR cert doesn't need to be
redone. (Everything else passed.... FINALLY a solid transponder in the plane!)

Thanks,
-Cory

* Cory Papenfuss, Ph.D., PPSEL-IA *
* Electrical Engineering *