2-seater class at Minden?

Old February 18th 04, 07:22 PM
JJ Sinclair

Default 2-seater class at Minden?

Anyone interested in flying a 2-seat class at Minden regionals, June 7-12? We
might be able to get a waiver and allow any and all 2-seaters to enter.
handicap everybody. What do you think? Let me know and I'll do the leg work. We
got a Nimbus 3D, three ASH-25's and a Duo-Discus, right now in Open class, so
who knows where we might try and go from here?

Always thinking & scheming, well scheming anyway,

JJ Sinclair
Old February 19th 04, 06:07 PM
DRBDANIELI

John,

Were NK, JN or other single seat open class gliders planing on flying? I
wouldn't want to see an all 2-seat class at the expense of eliminating the open
class, where this is the only class they can fly in. Now if you have enough
entries to field an open class and a 2-seat class that is another story.

Barry
Old February 19th 04, 07:36 PM
JJ Sinclair

Hi Barry,
NK backed out and JN hasn't indicated he's coming. I'm just thinking out loud,
we have 4 sailplanes that are 2 -seaters. If that's the majority, we could get
MG in his Duo-Discus and then ask for a waiver to let the 25's fly in the
class. All depends on the interest in the class.
JJ Sinclair
Old February 20th 04, 06:13 PM
DRBDANIELI

JJ,

While your thinking outloud, for seeding, wouldn't a handicapped class have
less value than if we ran it as an open class?
Haven't seen the rules in a while but isn't that the way it was with the sports
class in the regionals? If you need Mike to make it a class then I can see how
handicapping would be fair for him. Since it looks like I'm coming out of
retirement here, I would personally rather go for the 92% as opposed to the
86%.

Barry
Old February 20th 04, 08:02 PM
JJ Sinclair

While your thinking outloud, for seeding, wouldn't a handicapped class have
less value than if we ran it as an open class?

With *reverse seeding* now in the rules, the lower, the better. About 19 guys
ain't going to get into Parowan with their 92, or better seeding. On the other
hand, if they all had 50, they would make it in. This rule was written to help
the new guy, but allowing an excessive number (35) of them in a contest with
limited maximum (50) just pushes out a bunch of seeded guys in all the
non-sports classes. I hope this rule hits the circular file, next year.

PS, Not much interest, so far in a 2-seat class. Open is alive and well at
Minden.
JJ Sinclair