FREE SPOT 3

Old December 23rd 14, 01:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Default FREE SPOT 3

Hi,

I just learned of a new SPOT rebate. Buy a SPOT Gen 3 he
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com/spot.htm
Use the rebate form he
https://s3.amazonaws.com/resource.gl...0_Off_Gen3.pdf
You pay $149.99 for the SPOT Gen 3. You get a $150 pre-paid Visa gift card.
Offer ends December 31, 2014.

SPOT had been offering a 50% off rebate which is stated on my web site.
This 100% rebate is new and unannounced.

Happy Holidays,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

Old December 23rd 14, 01:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Update - Too good to be true
I just learned additional details from SPOT.
"If they read the print in the email and the terms and conditions, it is for
existing Spot accounts only and for new subscriptions only. Someone cannot
just get a free device /upgrade and move a current subscription over to the
device. It is intended that they add an additional subscription to qualify."

So the 100% rebate only applies if you already own a SPOT and buy and
activate a new SPOT 3 IN ADDITION to your existing SPOT.

So the existing 50% rebate is still the best option for most customers.
http://findmespot.com/Holiday/pdf/20...sheet_BACK.pdf

Good Soaring,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

Old December 24th 14, 12:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
son_of_flubber

Paul,

I've got a somewhat generic question, so I thought to post here rather than send a private email.

My sister-in-law is a recent Delorme convert. She's going to abandon her Spot subscription plan when it runs out. Can she upgrade to a Spot 3 and transfer the new device and subscription plan to me?

Delorme is very nice, but the Spot 3 would meet my needs for at least a year. I would continue to carry my PLB.

Thanks.
Old December 24th 14, 01:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Hi,

I'm sorry, but I don't have a certain answer to your question. I'm not sure
whether or not SPOT subscriptions can be transferred. I suspect that they
can't. I recommend that you ask them by going to findmespot.com and calling
their support phone number.

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.
________________________________

Old December 24th 14, 05:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Quietpilot

On Tuesday, December 23, 2014 7:37:28 AM UTC-6, Paul Remde wrote:
Hi,

I just learned of a new SPOT rebate. Buy a SPOT Gen 3 he
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com/spot.htm
Use the rebate form he
https://s3.amazonaws.com/resource.gl...0_Off_Gen3.pdf
You pay $149.99 for the SPOT Gen 3. You get a $150 pre-paid Visa gift card.
Offer ends December 31, 2014.

SPOT had been offering a 50% off rebate which is stated on my web site.
This 100% rebate is new and unannounced.

Happy Holidays,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

I wonder if account can be suspended in the off season and when XC is unlikely. basically half the year. The vendor at EAA skirted the question. answer.
Old December 24th 14, 05:38 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Hi,

SPOT service plans can't be disabled for any amount of time. You pay for a
full year at once.

Some DeLorme inReach service plans can be disabled for months at a time.
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com/delorme.htm

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.