F-35 JSF Hit by Serious Design Problems (updated)

Old December 12th 07, 03:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.military, rec.aviation.military.naval,sci.military.naval
Typhoon502

Default F-35 JSF Hit by Serious Design Problems (updated)

On Dec 12, 9:14 am, Ed Rasimus wrote:
On Tue, 11 Dec 2007 19:11:49 -0500, "Mike Dennis"
wrote:
"Mike" wrote in message
Me, nah. My late uncle was an USAF A-1 Skyraider pilot based in
Thailand. Maybe you heard of the Vietnam War?
Mike

On Dec 10, 9:09 pm, "Mike Dennis" wrote:
You're a liberal arts major, aren't you?

Well, I guess that makes you an expert.

90% of the tech/science "news" out there today--including the garbage that
you managed to string together--is written by liberal arts majors
(journalism, mainly) who have no technical ability to filter out the BS from
the facts. There are so many errors and opinions in there, it's not even
worth the time to list them.

Hey, you guys. Ease up on the liberal arts majors. When I found out
that a chemistry major was totally uninteresting to me, I redirected
into Political Science and despite that BS and a couple of MSs, I
still do OK with regard to tactical airplanes.

That's because you've BTDT. Tends to provide one with a leg up. Most
journalism types barely even deign to approach actual operators when
covering subjects that are directly relevant, and most military types
that aren't specifically ordered to do so are reluctant to be open
(let alone friendly) with ol' Scoop wandering around toting a notepad
and a FOIA order.
Old December 13th 07, 04:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval,sci.military.naval
Mike Kanze

Ed,

Hey, you guys. Ease up on the liberal arts majors. When I found out that a chemistry major was totally uninteresting to me, I redirected into Political Science and despite that BS and a couple of MSs, I still do OK with regard to tactical airplanes.

Ditto. I didn't even bother with anything but a Poli Sci major. The Navy didn't care as much about one's major as whether one had the aptitude for flight training and commissioned service, and later demonstrated that aptitude.

A classmate of mine and fellow Poli Sci major, Dana McKinney, retired as an O-8. One of his last assignments was as the Flag Officer in charge of activities at Naval Air Weapons Station - China Lake.

--
Mike Kanze

"If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed, if you do read the newspaper you are misinformed."

- Mark Twain (a journalist before he became a humorist)

wrote:

"Mike" wrote in message
Me, nah. My late uncle was an USAF A-1 Skyraider pilot based in
Thailand. Maybe you heard of the Vietnam War?
Mike

On Dec 10, 9:09 pm, "Mike Dennis" wrote:
You're a liberal arts major, aren't you?

Well, I guess that makes you an expert.

90% of the tech/science "news" out there today--including the garbage that
you managed to string together--is written by liberal arts majors
(journalism, mainly) who have no technical ability to filter out the BS from
the facts. There are so many errors and opinions in there, it's not even
worth the time to list them.

Hey, you guys. Ease up on the liberal arts majors. When I found out
that a chemistry major was totally uninteresting to me, I redirected
into Political Science and despite that BS and a couple of MSs, I
still do OK with regard to tactical airplanes.

Ed Rasimus
Fighter Pilot (USAF-Ret)
"When Thunder Rolled"
www.thunderchief.org
www.thundertales.blogspot.com
Old December 13th 07, 05:38 AM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval,sci.military.naval
redc1c4

wrote:

"Mike" wrote in message
Me, nah. My late uncle was an USAF A-1 Skyraider pilot based in
Thailand. Maybe you heard of the Vietnam War?
Mike

On Dec 10, 9:09 pm, "Mike Dennis" wrote:
You're a liberal arts major, aren't you?

Well, I guess that makes you an expert.

90% of the tech/science "news" out there today--including the garbage that
you managed to string together--is written by liberal arts majors
(journalism, mainly) who have no technical ability to filter out the BS from
the facts. There are so many errors and opinions in there, it's not even
worth the time to list them.

Hey, you guys. Ease up on the liberal arts majors. When I found out
that a chemistry major was totally uninteresting to me, I redirected
into Political Science and despite that BS and a couple of MSs, I
still do OK with regard to tactical airplanes.

you're not half bad as an author either.... must be the Liberal Arts.

redc1c4,
who just re-enrolled in college after all these years. %-)
--
"Enlisted men are stupid, but extremely cunning and sly, and bear
considerable watching."

Army Officer's Guide
Old December 13th 07, 04:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.military, rec.aviation.military.naval,sci.military.naval
Typhoon502

On Dec 13, 12:38 am, redc1c4 wrote:
you're not half bad as an author either.... must be the Liberal Arts.

redc1c4,
who just re-enrolled in college after all these years. %-)

Have fun watching the co-eds. Jiminy xmas, it's nice working a few
blocks from a campus.
Old December 13th 07, 04:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval,sci.military.naval
Ed Rasimus[_1_]

On Thu, 13 Dec 2007 08:24:22 -0800 (PST), Typhoon502
wrote:

On Dec 13, 12:38 am, redc1c4 wrote:
you're not half bad as an author either.... must be the Liberal Arts.

redc1c4,
who just re-enrolled in college after all these years. %-)

Have fun watching the co-eds. Jiminy xmas, it's nice working a few
blocks from a campus.

The campus I'm on has a lot more Morlocks than Eloi.

Reminds me of the old story about the base commander ordering a
"palette of nurses" delivered by C-130. He got two.

Winner of the Christmas drawing in the stag bar got a date with the
nurse of his choice. Second place got a date with two nurses.

.....rim shot...

Old December 13th 07, 04:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.military, rec.aviation.military.naval,sci.military.naval
guy

wrote:
On Dec 13, 12:38 am, redc1c4 wrote:
you're not half bad as an author either.... must be the Liberal Arts.

redc1c4,
who just re-enrolled in college after all these years. %-)

Have fun watching the co-eds. Jiminy xmas, it's nice working a few
blocks from a campus.

The campus I'm on has a lot more Morlocks than Eloi.

Reminds me of the old story about the base commander ordering a
"palette of nurses" delivered by C-130. He got two.

Reminds me of two RN signals:-

'Wrens clothing is to be held up until needs of seagoing poersonnel
are satisfied'

and something like....
'...stress the importance of sexy quality' correction '...stress the
importance of sex equality'

Guy

Winner of the Christmas drawing in the stag bar got a date with the
nurse of his choice. Second place got a date with two nurses.

....rim shot...

Ed Rasimus
Fighter Pilot (USAF-Ret)
"When Thunder Rolled"
www.thunderchief.org
www.thundertales.blogspot.com

WinPilot Design Center Access Problems? Frank Soaring 6 January 22nd 07 06:34 PM
/juniorteam/ updated.. Adam Woolley Soaring 0 May 22nd 05 09:52 AM
P-3 website updated Marco P.J. Borst Naval Aviation 0 January 16th 05 05:21 PM
Photos Updated NW_PILOT Piloting 0 June 22nd 04 09:58 PM
PEZ updated John Shelton Soaring 2 December 24th 03 08:51 PM