Ever stuck your neck out too far? And got away with it?

Old December 31st 03, 04:44 PM
RU ok

(SelwayKid) wrote:

Would you like to be a staff writer for Zoom?
He can be contacted at Aero Snooze Nooz.
He's always looking for trailblazers and legends like himself.

Tell him...
Unka BOb -- sent ya.

Hey downunder..... I wonder what it is with you guys who seem so
offended by someone who doesn't mind commenting on the real world of
professional aviation. Some of the most dangerous pilots I've flown
with were Ozies or Kiwis. They didn't show much common sense when it
came to sticking their necks out. Others have impressed me with their
high level of professionalism. Doesn't that seem the way in the world?
Some are good, some are bad, and the rest fall in between someplace.
You make me smile with the flamboyant swashbuckler zowie. If I were
perhaps I could make a fortune on TV or someplace?
Nope. I am just a highly experienced pilot with the advantage of
having flown in many countries doing a variety of missions with just
as broad a variety of aircraft.
As for being a staff writer....does it pay anything? g
Ol shy & Bashful

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Thou speaketh too loudly, sir.

The last self proclaimed "PRO" to sound off as loudly
as you.... was anything but "PROFESSIONAL".

BTW...
I'm not at all offended at your flakey antics, other than it's
a shame to see you give real professionals a black eye.

Main Entry: pro·fes·sion·al

1 a : of, relating to, or characteristic of a profession b : engaged
in one of the learned professions c (1) : characterized by or
conforming to the technical or ethical standards of a profession (2) :
exhibiting a courteous, conscientious, and generally businesslike
manner in the workplace

Barnyard BOb -- over 50 years of successful flight

Old December 31st 03, 05:40 PM
HiM

No, I am not an idiot and resent the implication. I don't get a
buzz flying on near empty tanks.

ONLY an idiot lifts a plane off the ground with a flight plan that will run
him short of fuel

Sir .. you are an idiot by your own admission

Old December 31st 03, 05:45 PM
HiM

So, it is believable to read about an occasional tight fuel situation;
after all, if it's commercial aviation (esp. int'l) over that many
years, stuff happens.

stuff happens

to do it repeatedly like the fool makes out is bad planning and dangerous
the man is an idiot

Old December 31st 03, 05:46 PM
HiM

"SelwayKid" wrote in message
om...
RU ok wrote in message

. ..
(SelwayKid) wrote:

Well, I've been
flying over 40 years now and have been places that books are written
about and I'd have never been there if I always followed the rules.
And, the people who follow have the advantage of my having gone first
to plot the way. I think the same of those who I have followed and am
always amazed and humbled when I see what they did.
I don't even bother thinking of the many times when I landed with
either a helicopter or airplane on fumes and sweating it out the whole
way. Stupid? Nope... just a professional working the best way I can
under trying conditions.
Doing what the rest work from after we push the envelope and see how
far we can go.
No So Shy & Bashful with 21,000+ hours and still not done......

Zowie... but aren't you the flamboyant swashbuckler.

Related to the infamous Capt Zoom Campbell, maybe?

Would you like to be a staff writer for Zoom?
He can be contacted at Aero Snooze Nooz.
He's always looking for trailblazers and legends like himself.

Tell him...
Unka BOb -- sent ya.

Hey downunder..... I wonder what it is with you guys who seem so
offended by someone who doesn't mind commenting on the real world of
professional aviation. Some of the most dangerous pilots I've flown
with were Ozies or Kiwis.

see matey

you orgasm on the danger instead of doing your job properly

an dangerous fool

Old December 31st 03, 05:47 PM
HiM

The last self proclaimed "PRO" to sound off as loudly
as you.... was anything but "PROFESSIONAL".

BTW...
I'm not at all offended at your flakey antics, other than it's
a shame to see you give real professionals a black eye.

as is this moron who cannot even check his fuel loading

Old December 31st 03, 08:02 PM
pacplyer

Zowie... but aren't you the flamboyant swashbuckler.

Related to the infamous Capt Zoom Campbell, maybe?

Would you like to be a staff writer for Zoom?
He can be contacted at Aero Snooze Nooz.
He's always looking for trailblazers and legends like himself.

Tell him...
Unka BOb -- sent ya.

Oh God, is this funny!
I just saw a movie on HBO: "Catch me if you can" starring Tom Hanks.
It's about an imposter doctor/airline pilot just like you know who.
Hysterical! Bob, I think Selway's gotta be zoom's long lost kid. When
you click on his name the delusional stories that pop up are
unmistakable.... LOL!

pacplyer - out

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...&output=gplain

SelwayKid wrote in message
. ..
"RT" wrote in message

SelwayKid wrote in message
. ..
"RT" wrote in message news:ba7sj1$praf8$1@ID-

Selway Kid - 22,000 hours of fun flying all over the world

Now you are trying to tell me that at the *start* (let alone

later)
of a
procedure turn you couldn't get back to the paddock? And you

(like
everyone else) were operating at *cruise*?

Is that what you're saying? What the hell were you flying? A

2-car
garage?

(Dusting, eh?)
HUH?

Um, sorry - a single "HUH?" is not a valid answer to 4

questions........

OK. Since you are being silly now let me attempt to answer your
questionable questions.
1. What do you mean by the start of a procedure turn? Are you
referring to a spray turn-around? Those are done according to the
terrain and surrounding obstacles as well as the type aircraft being
used.
2. Why should I return to any paddock since that is not what I am
spraying?
3. I am not in the habit of trying to fly as less than flying
airspeed. while spraying with fixed wing, we are normally flying at
cruise speed at an altitude of anywhere from 3' above the crops, to
perhaps 50' above them. Obviously if we are spraying trees we'll
adjust altitude accordingly. Our turn-around altitude will depend on
terrain and obstacles but is frequently within 6 feet of the tops of
trees and or powerlines.
If spraying with rotorcraft, the speed may be anything from just into
translational lift, to cruise. It will depend on the crops being
treated.
4. I didn't imply blue gums were not in OZ....here they are

generally
referred to as eucalyptus and are plentiful in many agricultural

areas
I work in.
5. I am not licensed to fly a two car garage. However, I have quite

bit of experience with the following agricultural aircraft; Pawnee,
C-188, Ag Cat, Fletcher, Thrush -piston and turbine, AirTractor
-piston and turbine, Bell helicopters 47/206, Hiller 12C&E piston and
turbine, Hughes 500, and a few multi engined aircraft equipped for ag
work.
I do hold an ATP and rated in ASMELS, Rotorcraft (Instrument) and

hold
5 instructor ratings. I have been licensed in at least a dozen
countries.
Does that satisfy your silly questions?
Huh?

*********************************

No, it doesn't actually. One of the things about the net is that
anyone
can appear/pretend to be anyone they like, even if they're in an iron
lung
in hospital.

A couple more silly questions for you, Selway "Kid", mate...

Where is the master switch on a Fletcher 300, and how does it operate?
And
don't bother to try to explain why you can't remember. How are the
booms
attached?
Pawnee: where is the fixed fire extinguisher fitted and how is it
actuated?
How many bungee cords are used?
AgCat: position of the oil reservoir?
C-188; where is the main fuel injection filter and how do you remove
it?

"I have been licensed in at least a dozen countries."

Name just the first 12, with dates.

"I am not in the habit of trying to fly as less than flying airspeed.
while
spraying with fixed wing"

REALLY! You mean all these other silly buggers still DO that - and
after
you've TOLD them?

"What do you mean by the start of a procedure turn? Are you referring
to a
spray turn-around? Those are done according to the terrain and
surrounding
obstacles as well as the type aircraft being used."

Oh really?

(Dusting, eh?)
HUH?

Huh - you don't know what that is?

"and a few multi engined aircraft equipped for ag work."

Details, please.....

1. What do you mean by the start of a procedure turn? Are you
referring to a spray turn-around?

but you say: "I do hold an ATP and rated in ASMELS, Rotorcraft
(Instrument)
and hold
5 instructor ratings."

*5* instructor ratings. What are they?
And you don't know what a procedure turn is????????????
And when did you do the theory for the ATPL - who with and why? (Erm,
note
ATP = airline transport pilot. While you may hold one, we're not
really
interested in your kinky habits. Try ATPL = as above licence)

"Why should I return to any paddock since that is not what I am
spraying?"

Que? And this is after an engine failure?

From your responses so far, if you have done as you say, you are a
statistical anomaly, as in something that doesn't exist.

A far more likely explanation is that you are either a pimply faced
kid (or
a fat and bald divorcee) amusing himself by abusing himself while
running
Micro$loths Flight Sim.

In the first case stop wasting everyones' time and go and do your
homework.
In the second case stop wasting everyones' time and look up the yellow
pages
for "Cathouse".

In either case stop wasting our bloody time, you ******.

Goodbye SelwayKid - I hope you leaned your lesson.
Old December 31st 03, 10:56 PM
pacplyer

Thou speaketh too loudly, sir.

The last self proclaimed "PRO" to sound off as loudly
as you.... was anything but "PROFESSIONAL".

BTW...
I'm not at all offended at your flakey antics, other than it's
a shame to see you give real professionals a black eye.

Main Entry: pro·fes·sion·al

1 a : of, relating to, or characteristic of a profession b : engaged
in one of the learned professions c (1) : characterized by or
conforming to the technical or ethical standards of a profession (2) :
exhibiting a courteous, conscientious, and generally businesslike
manner in the workplace

Barnyard BOb -- over 50 years of successful flight

Bob is entirely right here. Not a very professional thread at all. It
didn't read very good at all on the playback. Chalk it up to a little
too much Holiday merry-making. Hope nobody was offended.

Consider it "Withdrawn."
The aviation jury will disregard this thread, and pretend that it
never happened.
(well, professional lawyers get away with this...don't they?) ;-)

pacplyer - happy new year
Old January 1st 04, 09:32 PM
pacplyer

"HiM" wrote in message ...

So, it is believable to read about an occasional tight fuel situation;
after all, if it's commercial aviation (esp. int'l) over that many
years, stuff happens.

stuff happens

to do it repeatedly like the fool makes out is bad planning and dangerous
the man is an idiot

I agree with you HiM. I was just trolling him since his claims were
somewhat similar to a fake doctor/pilot who we have here on this side
of the pond. But if anything he says is true, he would be a statistic
by now. No, I suspect he is just a teenager leafing through a pile of
Dad's magazines. I remember dreaming about being "Smiling Jack" when I
was sixteen. :-)

Have a great "summer" in NZ

pacplyer
Old January 1st 04, 10:25 PM
pacplyer

"HiM" wrote ,snip

ONLY an idiot lifts a plane off the ground with a flight plan that will run
him short of fuel

"HiM" wrote ,snip

HiM, I don't dispute how you state the obvious here. Common sense
says this guy Selwaykid is not a commercial pilot with his kind of
attitude.

But you are actually wrong about this. Polar flights out of Anchorage
with some operators use an FAA exemption to take off with inadequate
fuel for the real intended destination. It's called re-release. It
is perfectly legal, and standard practice to dept for instance: out of
Anchorage, Alaska to London Heathrow (LHR) with fuel that will
knowingly not get you there with FAR121 required int'l reserves.
Though somewhat controversial, this procedure makes the airline money
because they can haul more freight instead of gas. How it works is
that we file a fake flight plan with the FAA that lists Preswick,
Scotland as our destination and then at the computed "re-release"
waypoint the seven tanks on the 747 are totaled up by the flight
engineer and then the F/O compares this number say 107,500 lbs of fuel
to the min 105,300 lbs on the flight plan for re-release. Looking at
weather, the Captain makes his decision. We then are legal to call up
ATC and refile a new flight plan to what was really our intended
destination all along: LHR. If we have say only 104,000, it's now
"assholes and elbows" for us to pull out the new flight plans,
reprogram the three INS's, get more weather for Preswick, break out
and brief the new arrival charts and plates, and mentally prepare for
a long duty day (extra leg to get there.) Last time I did this was
summer 1989. In cruise the sun stayed up all day and all night (just
kind of wobbled around toward the horizon.)

pacplyer

(hope my vulgar cargo language does not offend BYB. It is less than
professional, but that's how we talk in the airplane.)